+Taking Comunnion after 40 days+

edited December 2008 in Faith Issues
[glow=red,2,300]Hello everyone, peace  & love.[/glow] :)
I have a question and I really care about it because I am worried about my friend...
I have a friend and he said, he hadn''t took comunnion for a year, but that's to long!
He took already comunnion a week ago, but what will be happen if you haven't took
comunnion for 40 days, but ater those days you take comunnion??
And he said, I take communion every 40 days.
What can I say to him to take communion regulary and what of kind arguments I can use?

Question 2:  How can I persuade him to confess regulary, because he thinks, only if he made
a big sin he has to confess. And he says, he dont want confess eveything in 1 time.

Thanks in advance guys!

Comments

• Hello Marmar,
    Well tell him that he will not get into a close relationship with god.  You will always have to communicate with god when you pray, read the bible, etc.
    For confessing, you can write the sins on the paper and then you can go over it.  There is a verse says "Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God." (Matthew 5:8)  In addition, another verse "But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the Word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience." (Luke 8:15)
    May god open up his heart to get closer and closer to god
    Pray for me and for my weakness
  • you can tell him that you can relate it to this:
    you eat everyday, not every 40 days or once a year, so communion is like your spiritual food...
    Also there sin is sin whether it is lying or killing someone, so we must confess it because in the bibile it says: "For if we confess our sins he is just and forgives"-- i dont think thats the exact verse but its something along that lines.
    Remember me in your prayers.
  • I agree with marmar-marmoora that is also true