I Make Jesus Cry :(

edited October 2004 in Faith Issues
:'(everyday I wake up in the morning and say to myself, i promised yesterday not to do this "sin"....and the day continues on...and then ...I end up sinning the same sin/sins again, and then right after I sin...I think of how stupid all sins are..I mean there is really no point...I keep hurting Jesus a lot, and i feel really bad and i start to cry because im so sad because i upset my lord a lot...but i dont know what to do
i confess too...but....like....i still keep falling in the same sins over and over again....a lot..i give up :'(

any advice?

Comments

• God bless u my friend.
    i wish i were as strong as u, u made the frist step, acknowledging ur faults, im am exactly the same, the reason i keep falling is cause my repentance isnt strong enough. i feel like every time i sin, i crusify Christ all over again. i feel like peter when his eyes met Jesus's after he betrayed 3 Him times.
    st anthony never fell into the the same sin twice as his repentance was so great.
    i thank u my friend for reminding me of my many faults and waking me up.
    May God reward you
    GJI
  • Mate your not the only one who that happens 2 every night i say ill be good and not do anything bad then i leave my house and all my well thight out plans just crumple.

why???

i think i dont have enough faith

GBU
  • just keep at it. I know, its incredibly hard and frustrating to keep falling into the same sins over and over again, it's enough to drive anyone mad. But, I think it's important to remember that whatever happens God loves you, even when you dissappoint him. Keep trying and maybe you'll learn a great deal from your struggle! God Bless.
  • i'm in pretty much the same position and i keep asking God to have patience with me. When you pray, ask God to give you a truly repentent heart and the strength to stay away from that sin. REALLY ask. light candles, ask during mass, always keep it in your prayers. God will help you. He may be upset that you sin but He understands that you're having a hard time and more than anything He wants to help you stop sinning and He wants you to come to Him and ask. I really hope that helped. GB ;D
  • I agree with the others.I think we all struggle with sin in our lives and feel pretty bad about our spiritual state; but always remember God loves you and that He died on the Cross for our sins.What your going through is universal to all christians...we all have experienced the same feelings of failure and guilt,your not alone...God will help you, never fear.Trust in Him!His Word says'"when we are faithless He remains faithful".The Lord will help you overcome all your sins and problems.Your His child and He loves you very much.
  • Same here.. :'( it feels even worse when you start falling into sins that you were always able to handle..
  • especially when u start to think that ull never stop that sin. :'(
  • hay
    yeh that even happens to me
    u no i heard that the things that u plan to do like oh im not gonna ........ whatever ........ satan knows and tries to tempt u in that sin
    nd from when i heard that i stopped saying that and from then i stopped doing that sin as ofeten

nd i dunno if sum1 sed this but remember a righteous man falls 7 times but rises

GB
    FROG
  • :( wow, i wanna cry, lolx....the theme of this thread seems to be soo depressing :(.....guys c'mon now who doesnt say "i promise i will never do this again"and before u finish the sentence u already broke ur promise. But the problem is that we all promise things we cant keep and thats what we all need to come in realization of. Why promise God u will not do something when u kno u the next day ur gonna commit it again and then repent and then do it again and then repent.....that way no1 is benefiting, ur not learning from the mistake and ur not giving God all ur heart.

I think the best thing to do instead of saying to God i wont do this, is to ask him to help u not do it anymore. We all need to say "Jesus help me stop, put me on the right path....". We cant stop the sin unless we ask God to help us cuz frankly we cant do anything on our own despite the fact that it may seem so sometimes. I always say "Jesus, i wont do this anymore"and the next day i find myself begging for forgivness for the same thing. Our relationship with God becomes stronger when we realize more and more that we need to depend on him, not ourselves....making promises we cant keep just drives that nail firther into his wrist......we all make jesus cry :'(..........but the best thing about it is that we learn from our mistakes so he doesnt have to cry about the same things over and over again....good luck to all of us who make jesus cry :( :(

GOD BLESS ALL! :-*
  • thanks for helping
    please pray for me
  • listen habibi rite now your r being tested, the evil one wants u to think its hopeless and to stop trying to not commit this sin, folow in the way of our favour and continue to live in faith, the devil is trying to put u into depression, basically he fights in different ways , before he used to show u himself and scare u, now he works quietly through decite and poison, through others through good things and bad, watch out , keep alert, let the Spirit of the Lord guide u