When is a good age to have a boy/gir lfriend

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
;DI want to know when is a good time you can have a boy/girlfriend Please give me your ideas

Comments

• DI want to know when is a good time you can have a boy/girlfriend

When you're mature (intellectually, emotionally, spiritually) and responsible enough get married.

If you're only 10 years old as your profile states, than you got a long way to go buddy ;) You have more important things to concentrate on, like.....school, and developing your spiritual life by going to church etc. Just keep it at friends..

There is no other Christian purpose for having a "girlfriend" unless, you are ready to make a permanant commitment; with Gods blessing, and His presence central to your relationship.

Peace
  • Doesnt the church say you cant have a girlfriend in the first place??????

anywayz there is no point in having a girlfriend @this age coz they see you twice and they ask you to go out with them...... do you really call that love????

Maybe, but how does a 13-16 year old girl or boy noe what love is????
  • umm...never ;D
  • [quote author=ServantOfJesus link=board=1;threadid=737;start=0#msg13645 date=1099011868]
    umm...never ;D

high five for youuuuuuuuu!
  • at the least...18, after High School.
  • Psali Adam on Relationships before Marriage

Why do you want the hassle
    Why do you want the pain
    Why can't people just stop stressin'
    and in Him become sane

Make yourself holy
    said the Apostle verily
    and keep your heart, soul, mind free
    from all hurt, attack and worry

Why do you want that which is preserved
    for the day you can prove you've reserved
    yourself for the Lord firstly
    and for your spouse secondly!

Marriage, marriage is not the sole path
    It's not hard, you do the math
    Christ is the Life, End, and Path
    Don't mess up now to avoid sin's wrath

Please, all you who ask
    just focus on God and not the mask
    of happiness inside the flask
    of momentary 'love', what a hurtful task!

Lipon...
  • People, is this like what the 100th thread about dating??!?!?

LOL!

Well I think you can start dating when you become engaged so in your 20s and when you are dating your fiance that you will marry...

Mike
  • i think a grat time would be around the end of your college carrer. when you ready to start life on your own, it would be great to have someone on your side!
  • i agree with jmoussa

end of college or university career or when you're about to graduate with your college or university degree.

GB

btw its not as easy as it may sound of finding someone whom ud spend the rest of your life with.. its very difficult because its a one time decision. you cant go back.. its a blessing but its also scary to make that decision. i think anyways.. finding the right someone will come in God's time not your own.

take care and plz pray for me.
  • i don't now but i'm not conveniced by every thing here
  • what do u mean ur not convinced? is there anythign confusing you which was said before?

speak up so we can pitch in to clarify :)

take care
  • yeah, i think after 20 discussions and over 30 pages about bf/gf we should be able to persue anyone concerning this topic lol ;)
  • Don't stress about it. Just leave it in God's hands. He won't forget about you. Just like marriage, it'll come at the right time. Don't try to rush things.

sleepy
  • I also wanted to add something. We've had so many threads about this topic. We all know that we shouldn't have bfs or gfs, so why do we continue to ask? Becasue we're looking for excuses for ourself. We will always do what we WANT to do, but finding an excuse always makes it feel better, but we shouldn't do that. No worries johannessolomon, I don't want you tp think that I'm directing this to you, I simply wanted to add my two-cents. lol. ;)

sleepy
  • Oh wait; another two cents from a sermon i heard by fr Athanasius Iskandar

He said we have a big potential of love to give, and if we have different bf/gf we won't be able to give all that love to our ONE future spous, which is the reason we should try to know only one man/woman in our whole life to be able to have a strong relation and give ourselves as a whole, and not to have given a part of us to another person before.

and sleepy is totally rite; if we want to do something, we'll find an excuse to do it. And don't be fooled by the devil, he mite even lead us to a certain bible verse that is interpreted in a way that could make us think its ok to date when the time is not rite.
  • [quote author=Hos Erof link=board=1;threadid=737;start=15#msg13828 date=1099347736]
    Oh wait; another two cents from a sermon i heard by fr Athanasius Iskandar

He said we have a big potential of love to give, and if we have different bf/gf we won't be able to give all that love to our ONE future spous, which is the reason we should try to know only one man/woman in our whole life to be able to have a strong relation and give ourselves as a whole, and not to have given a part of us to another person before.

I really love that saying and agree with it 110%. Couldn't have been said better.

sleepy
  • wow amazing reply!!

Good job!

GB ;)
  • good points. but instead of planning out our marriage and our ages when we'lll start dating, these things take us away from Christ and take away our purity, because we say ok.... i'll pretend i'm engaged.... illl go to this place with my fiancee and do this and that and satan wraps up this whole idea of lust and false ideas that we don't have a relationship with God. Dating is wrong. and the bible said so when Christ met the samaritan women. she was filling up her vessel with water at noon, which was the hottest time of the day. she did this to hide from the people's accusation of her adultry. she was going at a time like this because her sin was living with a man that's not her husband. i think its like modern day idea of boyfriend/ girlfriend living in the same house or appartment under the name of relationship. that was Her sin an Christ told her," you have indeed said, you had 5 husbands and the one whom you have now is not your husband." you have is her boyfriend. it's wrong. if it was right, God would've let adam and eve be in a relationship other than marriage. don't plan your life out now, because you maylive your last day on earth today. instead, plan out your spiritual life and aim for your goal, which is eternal life.

+God Bless YOu+