i need help

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
my friend we were talking about holy trinity anyway in the middle of our conversation she ask me two question
i try to answer to her but inside her she doesn't agree
with me at all she just confused the first question
1. when jesus was on cross he says "father forgive them for they don't know what they are doing".
and when he was praying on the stone saying god if u like to remove the cup from me but it's not my will but it's ur will
well she was asking me or she wondering in her mind
If he is praying himself who sent the angel and if he praying for himself how can he give himself a strength
2. after his resurection our lord jesus christ met two people on his way how come they didn't him even though he was with them all the time they know him when he broke the bread
and if he apprear in another shape or face or appearance then he incarnatation many times
she wants approve to show her that how can be the son of earth humanlity and in the same time in heaven but he is a god she told me me and my father has the same blood but not the same person how can be on earth two different persons and same time he is in heaven without sepration she really confused it
for the sake of christ help me i don't want my friend to go astray from the faith
thank you and sorry for my bad spelling

Comments

• Hi Youstina,

Your post was a bit confusing, i lost you a few times, but i'll try and answer you the best way i can.

If he is praying himself who sent the angel and if he praying for himself how can he give himself a strength

First of all, what angel are you talking about?

Second of all, Christ has all the strength, He has an infinite amount of strength, but we have to remember that at the incarnation Christ took upon Himself true humanity which He made "one with His divinity, without mingling, without confusion and without alteration". In His humanity Christ possessed a weakness which is simply true of a true humanity. However, Christ was not praying for strength, He was simply expressing His very humanity.

It is impossible that Christ be asking for strength, for did not Christ say Himself, that He had the ability to call down 12 legions of angels to deliver Himself from what was about to happen to Him? and was it not Christ who said that ALL POWER had been given unto Him? and was it not Christ who said that He can do whatever the Father does? and was it not Christ who said, that His works are equal to that of the Father?

after his resurection our lord jesus christ met two people on his way how come they didn't him even though he was with them all the time they know him when he broke the bread

First of all, who says that they were with him all the time? I dont recall anything to suggest that they would have been so familiar with Jesus that they saw him 'all the time'.

Anyways i'll look further into this one for you.

she wants approve to show her that how can be the son of earth humanlity and in the same time in heaven but he is a god

Umm easy...because Jesus is God and God can do everything and anything. God can be uniquely present within the person of Jesus Christ on earth, whilst also being present everywhere. Your friend is trying to limit Gods ability and power, she is trying to restrict Him to her human comprehension and understanding - this is wrong, and it denies Gods infinite power.

she told me me and my father has the same blood but not the same person how can be on earth two different persons and same time he is in heaven without sepration she really confused it

Your friend needs to stop trying to compare the infinite all-powerful and almighty God to a human example. Me and my Father are two separate beings, and two separate persons - we possess the same substance- that of humanity, however we dont possess the same self-substance - we are not consubtantial. The Father and the Son are two persons of the same being, possessing the same essence, consubtantial with eachother and the Holy Spirit. There is NOTHING like God, we cannot compare Him to anything - every analogy will ultimately fall short.

Your friend has a very flawed idea of logic, and a very basic and amateur understanding of things. She needs to just accept that her human mind is limited, and will never be capable of grasping the existence of the almighty God. She needs to accept that God is beyond human comprehension, that He is mysterious and capable of existing and acting in ways we as humans will never understand.

• hay
    well the first thing when u sed he was in gethsemane and praying he was trying to teach us how to pray like as an example

thats what i no
    hope it helped

GB
    FROG