Hymn Competition 09'

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
A friend of mine told me they announced the hymns for the Staten island contest for next year, does anyone know the complete list for group 3? 

Comments

• That would be amazing! Last year, they were sent to me for my church in July!

If they are out can someone put a link of the Doc. or anything will they hymns of all the Groups! Pretty Please!

Oh and if they have posted the winners can you please direct us to those to! Thanks and God bless!
  • [quote author=abanoub2000 link=topic=7308.msg96883#msg96883 date=1226188684]
    A friend of mine told me they announced the hymns for the Staten island contest for next year, does anyone know the complete list for group 3? 

it's still being done. it'll be finally out on the award ceremony for this year winners, nov 22
  • Mina, how did you know the results are out Nov. 22?

I haven't heard anything at all?  ???
  • never mind, it's on their website: http://www.michaelmenasi.com/home/

But they should have emailed the churches..
  • [quote author=user00 link=topic=7308.msg97102#msg97102 date=1226460281]
    never mind, it's on their website: http://www.michaelmenasi.com/home/

thnx i was just going to ask for the site!!!
  • [quote author=user00 link=topic=7308.msg97102#msg97102 date=1226460281]
    never mind, it's on their website: http://www.michaelmenasi.com/home/

they emailed the coordinators of the churches.....where do you think i got you these info?!!!
  • [quote author=Tishori link=topic=7308.msg96931#msg96931 date=1226352334]
    That would be amazing! Last year, they were sent to me for my church in July!

If they are out can someone put a link of the Doc. or anything will they hymns of all the Groups! Pretty Please!

Oh and if they have posted the winners can you please direct us to those to! Thanks and God bless!

berar!!! in july??? you told me about it in august!!!
  • GUYS im part of the competition who has been working on it and everyhting goes on the site first thing it is Michaelmenasi.com it has everythign u need check once in a while the awards are being handed out by his grace bishop david at 1 oclock on the 22nd and the new hymns are being worked on for finalization. good stuff
  • does anyone know if the award ceremony will be on a live broadcast?
  • no i doubt that
  • the church coordinators get notified and registration this year will have a deadline. If anyone has any questions feel free to email Fr. Samuel ([email protected]) or email me at [email protected]
  • [quote author=christ_rose link=topic=7308.msg97396#msg97396 date=1227133524]
    the church coordinators get notified and registration this year will have a deadline. If anyone has any questions feel free to email Fr. Samuel ([email protected]) or email me at [email protected]

the new hymns were also announced today. for details contact the people mentioned above.
  • Here are the Hymns for the 2009 Competition:

First Group:
    1- [coptic]Kata to eleoc[/coptic] (According to Your mercy O Lord, and not according to our sins)
    2- First 2 verses of Watos Verses of Cymbals ([coptic]Tenouwst[/coptic] emefiot and Shere Ti ekeklisia
    3- Tishoree
    4- Osanna khen nietchosi
    5- Estathete meta...

Memorization is 4 phrases:

We worship You O Christ, together with Your Holy Father, and the Holy Spirit, for You have come and saved us.

But as for me, I will come into Your house in the multitude of Your mercy, and I will worship towards Your Holy Sanctuary.

Before the angels, I will sing to You and worship towards Your Holy Sanctuary.

Second Group:
    1-Tenouosht (I'm thinking (they don't specify in the booklet) it's the one the deacons say when putting on their tonias)
    2- Verses of Cymbals Adam (Amoni marenouosht, anon kha, ouon ouhelpis, hiten for St. Mary, Ethren Hoos)
    3- Hitens from Tasbeha from the 2nd Hoos Lobsh (the Hitens and Ekesmarouout at the end of Marenouonh)
    4-Aripamevi
    5- Asomen (They only have the first verse in Coptic, Greek, Arabic, and English in the booklet)

Memorizations is the Prayer of Thanksgiving

Third Group:
    1- Onnof Emmo Maria
    2- 4th Hoos
    3-Marenouonh (2nd Hoos Lobsh)
    4- Gholgotha
    5-Atai Parthenos (all of it to the 10th string)

Memorization is Psalm 22, the Lord is my Shepherd...

Fourth Group:
    1- Annual Aspamos Watos (Epchois Efnouti)
    2- Saturday Lobsh said after Tiatholeb (Shere the ehmeh enehmot)
    3- 7 Tunes Hymns (Sabaa Tara'it)-- up to Nai Etafhotpou in the booklet
    4- Agios (Adreebi Tune or el hazany or mournful tune)
    5- O Nim Naisimphonia

Memorization is the Conclusion of Every Hour (Have mercy on us O God, and have mercy on us, who at times and in every hour..)

Fifth Group:
    1-Onnof emmo
    2- Epchois Efnouti
    3-7 tunes
    4- Marenouonh
    5- Gholgotha
    6- Agios el hazany

This all came from the booklet distributed yesterday. I'm sure more specifics will come in chart form, emailed to the coordinators.
  • Sorry, for 1st group, the memorization is only the 3 verses given above.