Dragging some one with me - HELP

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
Hello

i have a very close friend, whom i love more than a friend.
we only talk on the phone, we used to see each other but because of geographical reasons, cannot anymore (i thought this was God's will)
but every once in a while, i drag her down with me (whether it is on the phone or in person)
ie. let's say we start talking and then we talk about people, so this conversation turned into gossip >> by the way, this is not the problem (just using it for an example)
it is always my fault, i feel so heavy, so burdened and i wish to make things light on both of us, it shows me how much i don't love her since i cause this great trouble
we keep trying to work it out so it doesn't happen again and again (but i feel like it never works)

1) i want to get out of this? i don't want to drag her down with me anymore (i'm not sure if i should stop talking to her, even though i don't want to do that)

2) i keep remembering that verse: it talks about causing God's children to sin,
i just feel like i have caused one of God's children to sin and i feel like i'm going to hell, but i don't want to... i'm scared

3) how do you know if you love God more than anyone? what happens if i'm not sure??

thank you
any and every response is appreciated

pray for me

Comments

• what are the ages we're talking about in here?!
  • its funny we ask God to help us... and when He does, we refute it! we ask God to lead us and when He does we run off... and we ask God to come, and when He knocks we do not answer!

sin will follow you... if you cant stop yourself from sinning, then flee... actually when you notice sin is coming you need to run period! God had a geographical change, to show you He is not pleased... and you did not heed... he showed you complication and fighting... and you did not listen... He showed you how weak you are, and you did not care... what else do you want?! how more do you want Him to answer you?! and you are still not running from the sin!

1) i want to get out of this? i don't want to drag her down with me anymore (i'm not sure if i should stop talking to her, even though i don't want to do that)

I want a million dollars... hold on... okay I reached in my pocket, and i didn't find it... hmm?! oh ya I did not do any "ACTION" to get this million dollars... maybe if I work hard... I will do it with the grace of God... also when we are told to forget our sins... we are to forget the people we committed these sins with, the places we committed theses sins in... the sin itself (in doing it anymore)... you want to be like Joseph and run, and please God... or do you want to be Samson who kept on being fooled and kept giving sin a chance?! this is your choice...

2) i keep remembering that verse: it talks about causing God's children to sin,
    i just feel like i have caused one of God's children to sin and i feel like i'm going to hell, but i don't want to... i'm scared

“Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to sin, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were drowned in the depth of the sea. Woe to the world because of offenses! For offenses must come, but woe to that man by whom the offense comes! “If your hand or foot causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you. It is better for you to enter into life lame or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet, to be cast into the everlasting fire. And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you. It is better for you to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire.

dont worry about her salvation... worry about yours... when you seek your salvation, people will learn from you how to be saved!

and i think this verse also answers the first question... one thing cause you to sin, cut it off... if this relation cause you to sin... CUT IT OFF!!! by cutting it off, you are cutting off all the atmospheres of this sin, including her!

3) how do you know if you love God more than anyone? what happens if i'm not sure??

I don't even see your face to see your heart!

if you love God you would do anything and everything to please Him... you will not want to hurt Him in anyway shape or form!

akhdna el baraka... neshkor Allah!

• It's very good of you to realize that there is a problem and to be worried about your friend and to take responsibility for the trouble you might cause. But remember God is such a merciful and kind God. If you repent and show remorse for your actions, be sure that He will forgive you and bless you. He loves you so much and He is happy when you want to go the right way. This is the step you have to take, God will take the 99 other steps.

19Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest, and repent. 20Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.

I mean: you listened to the Holy Spirit within you telling you to stop this friendship or at least to stop dragging your friend down. You listened to God's voice within you and accepted His words. Now you need to let Him work. You've opened the door, now you nead to let Him enter and stay in your house.
    Believe me, I didn't know the power of prayer until not so long ago, all of us know prayer is important but I doubt that many realize its acutal power... Just pray and remember to surrender your will to His will and to tell Him 'let Your will be done, not mine'.
    And even if the geographical change was a message from God and you didn't listen, you ignored Him, you made a mistake, the Lord is sooo kind and He will keep helping you and being with you, He won't give up on you so don't give up on yourself..

'The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.'

May the Lord bless you and help you with the intercessions of His saints...

PS instead of remembering the verse of what the punishment is if you keep sinning, why don't you remember the many verses that say what happens when you repent!!! ;)

"The son said to him, 'Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son.'
    22"But the father said to his servants, 'Quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet. 23Bring the fattened calf and kill it. [b]Let's have a feast and celebrate. 24For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.' So they began to celebrate.