I have a question about confession...please help.

I have this sin that I am really having difficulty in confessing it to my father of confession. I am a true believer and everything but sometimes when I am going thought hard times i find myself blaming God for everything. Would that be considered as putting the Lord's name in vain. I realize that it is wrong and I try not to do it anymore but the problem is that I want to confess it. Please help, how should I confess it, should I confess it as putting the Lord's Name in vain?
Is it okay for a christian to confess such a sin. I am afraid or abona would think that I am non believer.

Comments

• DEFINITELY NOT!!!! u know when i read the heading of the post, i thought to myself how bad can the sin possibly be??!! BUT THIS IS NOT THT BAD!! i mean it is bad obviously but not to the extent of worrying about how to confess it... abouna will never think any less of you.. trust me.. besides our abounas have seen so much worse...
    look always remember that whatever sin hits you, it is coming from the devil and not you personally.. and abouna certainly understands that, so whenever you'r confssing, abouna looks at te sin itelf and if christ was there what he would'v said... and trust me its never bad... so dont worry..
    and if ur worried as to how ur going to name it,,, ahhh... dunt really worry too much about it... i mean you just explain it to him... tell him the exact truth... if it takes 3 mins instead of 1.. then its not really a problem...
  • Just tell it to Abouna as it is......    lets put it in this maner: Abouna is a super-human(please do not mind the expression, and no one spaz at me, becasue we all know that Abouna is a human, and can make mistakes, blah, blah blah.....) that does not judge people....

I would say you shouldn't interpret it as using the Lord's name in vain.... just tell Abouna about the original sin that is making you blame God... He should be able to give you advice and help you out.....   

I was just confessing a couple of days ago, and after i got out, i was thinking to myself about all the stuff i tell Abouna, and how he never judges me, or treat me diferently, and how He always treats all of His Congregation fairly, showing no partiallity, and no judging (considiring that He is the only Abouna for around 200 people (it might not sound like a lot compared to Abounas in Egypt and all).... You should not have any dificulty with confessing..... lets put it this way: Would you rather tell your sins to 1 person and He won't judge you (or shouldn't Judge you) or would you rather have your sins and i mean ALL OF YOUR SINS(that were not confessed)  TOLD AND SHOWN TO EVERYBODY, AND I MEAN EVERYBODY IN THE JUDGEMENT DAY.... i dunno about you but the answer is pretty clear to me....

Let me quote something from an amazing Sermon by H.H. on Repentance (i can send it to whoever wants it... it is 15 minutes of pure REALITY CHECK) and Sayenda asks: If an Angel comes to the Church we are sitting in right now and revealed everybody's thoughts for the past weak only... of everyone sitting in the Church right now... How many would still be sitting where they are right now... 
    Personally i found that stircking... how we all think we aren't that bad except for a couple of things here and there, but then when something like that hits us, we start realising that i have so much stuff to fix, so that even if an Angle comes to reveal everyones thoughts, we would still sit there with no worries and nothing to hide...
  • haha when i read the first line i thought u did something as bad as murdering soemone.  Lol def.  don wrryy bout thaht.  Ubouna will never think less of u=)  Bel ahks he will give u advice=)

+mahraeel+
  • [quote author=coptic pharaoh link=topic=7225.msg95922#msg95922 date=1224472919]
    Would you rather tell your sins to 1 person and He won't judge you (or shouldn't Judge you) or would you rather have your sins and i mean ALL OF YOUR SINS(that were not confessed)  TOLD AND SHOWN TO EVERYBODY, AND I MEAN EVERYBODY IN THE JUDGEMENT DAY.... i dunno about you but the answer is pretty clear to me....

So, can anyone explain to me how that works out? i mean, how our sins are shown to everybody? How is that possible?
  • When the end of the world comes (the Second Coming) ALL our sins that were not confessed will be hown infront of everybody.... (that is from what i understand,,,please have someone confirm it first before u take my word for it)
  • yeah, I heard that a lot too, but does anyone have biblical proof???
  • sorry but Trinity+ who are you?! are you God?! because if you are that's a different story! so if you are God tell me, because that'd be cool to know! otherwise don't ever tell a person that his sin is not "that bad"

EVERY SIN is horrid, and if you say something like that, and a person listens to you... and continues a life of sin, because "its not that bad" you and that person will receive a punishment!

trinity+ forgive me if I seem harsh... but never take sin lightly... as it is mentioned by coptic pharoh, there is this great contemplation of the pope, its called "repent oh my soul" (if you would like it PM me) but in the beginning, it talks about how a person can lose their salvation just because of the mere fact of "...in prison and you did not visit Me.’ "

please forgive me... but sin is a sin... and the judgment of whatever sin from small to "big" is DEATH!

I have this sin that I am really having difficulty in confessing it to my father of confession. I am a true believer and everything but sometimes when I am going thought hard times i find myself blaming God for everything. Would that be considered as putting the Lord's name in vain. I realize that it is wrong and I try not to do it anymore but the problem is that I want to confess it. Please help, how should I confess it, should I confess it as putting the Lord's Name in vain?
    Is it okay for a christian to confess such a sin. I am afraid or abona would think that I am non believer.

it would be considered as putting God down to the dirt that we are... God is truly a humble God... I love Him... the Almighty! but take it like this...  pray... and go confess as fast as you can... if you want, another great contemplation by the pope, "prayer of praises" if you want it PM me... with the grace of God, I can send it to you!

Nakhod el baraka... neshkor allah!