Worldly desires

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner

ihave a thought in my head and it is bad i cant stop thinking bout it and when ever i try 2 stopit comes back
please help me i need your advice

Comments

• whenever u see anybody touch their head in church what do u think they r doin they r makin just a small sign of the cross do that but just privatley
  • It's not the thought that matters. What matters is that you completely reject it, however if you don't that's the sin.

PK
  • well what kind of bad thought is it....w/e it is there are many things that you can do start w/ doing the sign of the cross it's a temptation from the devil...the cross is one of the best ways to help stop temptations but you have to have faith in the cross when doing the sign of the cross...also sing a hymn or taraneema that you like....read in the bible...play a sport...the main reason why monks are busy w/ things like the bakery of the monastery, cleaning, service, and many things is not only to help the monastery it also helps them to keep their mind away from bad thoughts lets say you are playing a friendly game of basketball w/ ur friend how is that bad thought going to effect you...so keep urself busy

anyone correct me if im wrong
    Pray for me
    Copticdeacon
  • i have said this many times before!!! a priest once told this class that i was in, that if u have a bad thought in ur head picture Jesus on the cross or the crown of thorns put on His head or the picture of the nail going through His hand. all of this he mentioned!! So if want to try it try it!! it won't do u no harm, but hopefuly it will help!!!
  • Agree with all of you

just wanted to add somEthing that works with me

Just when you think about something bad say " my lord Jesus Christ forgive me i am the sinner " . My FOC told me that and it actually works if you say it with understanding and believing.

Pray for us

• Yea everyone goes thru this kind of thing at some point. Like PK said, its not ur fault the thought enters your head, you just have to fight it. Pope Shenouda has a famous quote tht goes something like:

"You can't stop a bird from flying over your head, but you can stop it from making a nest there."

Hope that helps a bit. I'll pray for you!

Peace
  • [quote author=ebnyasoo3 link=topic=7201.msg95483#msg95483 date=1223872868]
    Agree with all of you

just wanted to add somEthing that works with me

Just when you think about something bad say " my lord Jesus Christ forgive me i am the sinner " . My FOC told me that and it actually works if you say it with understanding and believing.

Pray for us

What your FOC told you is the Salah el Sahmeya
  • If the devil comes near you, then you should try to fight it=) WIth PRAYER< FASTING< METANIOA u will be able to overrcome be paatient.  we all go through this=))

+mahraeel+
  • I have a question, what if you dont want to tell abuona this? how do  u try to get rid of it on your own through Christ?

+mahraeel+
  • u don't need to tell Abouna what the thought is... just tell Him u r getting bad thoughts
  • what if he asks? and my priest asks sometimes.... is it okay to tell him "Abouna, i dont feel comfortable saying this right now"?

+mahraeel+
  • u tell Him whatever u want as long as you are not rude... and as long as it is done with Respect and 2adab
  • o.o ok thanksss

+mahraeel+