Strings of Worship: The Artistry of John the Beloved

edited October 2008 in Hymns Discussion
Looking for a CD called Strings of Worship: The Artistry of John the Beloved...wondering where i can buy it from if its out...if not just wondering when it will be...saw it on this website...

www.coptichymnsinenglish.net

you can find a sample in the middle of the page...its really amazing.

Comments

• [quote author=beshoyrm link=topic=7196.msg95379#msg95379 date=1223681811]
    Looking for a CD called Strings of Worship: The Artistry of John the Beloved...wondering where i can buy it from if its out...if not just wondering when it will be...saw it on this website...

www.coptichymnsinenglish.net

you can find a sample in the middle of the page...its really amazing.

well according to this site, it's not out yet. i would like to also get a copy of this.
  • The sample is only music.... the music is grat, but i never heard this song in Eglish before... i know it in Arabic, and i have it on the computer and cell phone....    but never in english
  • [quote author=coptic pharaoh link=topic=7196.msg95391#msg95391 date=1223703628]
    The sample is only music.... the music is grat, but i never heard this song in Eglish before... i know it in Arabic, and i have it on the computer and cell phone....    but never in english

well...i tihnk the whole cd would be just music......which is GREAT...to me atleast :D :D ;)
  • that would be nice....    and i just found the song in engilsh on my computer, personally i prefer the arabic one, but if you want to tlisten to it, tell me and i will send it....

Also Minagir, if you like the music alone, i can give you a whole bunch of stuff only in music, like Alhan etc.... (on the nay and other instruments i beleive,) 
  • [quote author=coptic pharaoh link=topic=7196.msg95404#msg95404 date=1223740353]
    that would be nice....    and i just found the song in engilsh on my computer, personally i prefer the arabic one, but if you want to tlisten to it, tell me and i will send it....

Also Minagir, if you like the music alone, i can give you a whole bunch of stuff only in music, like Alhan etc.... (on the nay and other instruments i beleive,) 

well sure...tell me where and how to get...
  • [quote author=coptic pharaoh link=topic=7196.msg95404#msg95404 date=1223740353]
    that would be nice....    and i just found the song in engilsh on my computer, personally i prefer the arabic one, but if you want to tlisten to it, tell me and i will send it....

I actually need them. I'm running out of them so it would be nice if you could send me some.

• well,i got them on my computer, if you guys want me to send them by e-mail or Msn (sharing floders, i have already sent the whole book of Bostan el Rohban el masmoo3 to josephgabriel)....
  • ok, so do I just pm you my e-mail, im, etc??
  • for the ones with the nay, i will send you the link and you will have to download them, but for the ones of Alhan el 2Odas el Basiliy, i will have to send them to you by e-mail or msn, etc...

for the nay ones: http://www.stgeorge-stmercurius.com/

then you go to audion at the bottom, and go all the way to the bottom, and the last 2 i beleive arenay (by Abouna Antonios ZIkry)

some of them can also be found on here http://www.st-takla.org/Multimedia/11-Koptik-Musical-Tones/Coptic-Music-02-Annual-Hymns-Father-Antonios-Zikry.html
  • Hey guys

davidensemble.com  has some great stuff

specifically:

http://www.davidensemble.com/english/multimedia/hymns_of_basilius_mass.htm