Ibrahim Ayad

2»

Comments

• haha no it is someone else, but I just came across more pictures, of his ordination as a priest, I just couldn't recognize him with the beard lol.

Oh yea I've seen that post too! I think it is in the Ordination Rite of the Priesthood to first be ordained a Deacon, then Elevated to a Priest. I've have seen this in every case that a Priest was ordained, and not just those by HG Bishop Serapion in the LA Diocese.
  • most (maybe all) full deacons are ordained to become priests. because it is in fact a requirement for the rank.
  • Oh really? I didn't know that before, good to know.
  • [quote author=Tishori link=topic=7177.msg95204#msg95204 date=1223422350]
    the reason I ask, is because i came across this album of a the ordination of a deacon in the LA area. He looks very young, not even 40 and it just surprises me that he would give his life to the service at such a young age. Don't get me wrong, this is a huge blessing and honor, I would just like to know the logistics.

Thanks Coptic Pharaoh!
    And Thanks to everyone else in advance!

please don't take my word for anything unless someone else confirms it.... i would want to be the last person giving you flase information....
  • im pretty sure that every priest is ordained a deacon but with the ordinations the pope does i THINK that maybe they ordain them right before they are ordained priests
  • Every Priest has to be a DEACON or ARCH-DEACON before they are ordained. so often, the make them both Deacon and Priest in one Mass.....    That is what happened with the Preist in my Church. He was Epideacon, so He got ordained a Deacon then a Priest