Need Advice

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
Hi All

I have just became a deacon

And i need your advice on everything

how to memorize hymns

So if you pleas give me advice because this is a big responsibility and i need your prayers

Thank you
ebn yasoo3

Comments

• Im not a deacon but I memorize hymns by listening to them and reading its text. If its long like Ondos I just use the Coptic Heritage classes. They really help.
  • attend tasbeha....ull learn alot eventually ull be  a leaderr=)

+mahraeel+
  • I strongly Agree with mahraeel. Attend Tasbeha, and even more, attend liturgy and asheya. Attendance and repetition is the only way to retain information. To add, when learning a long hymn that is said only a couple of times a year, I use hazaat papers that were made by HICS. They aernt anywhere on the internet so message me and ill be happy to send you them. They have a lot of hymns.
    Ive attended tasbeha for the past 3 years now each week and i know almost all of it. Its also a huge blessiong and lots of fun.
  • Thank you very much for your replies

pray for me
  • when a person is a deacon, they should not take communion without wearing his white tonya... and should at least commune once a week! that means that at least once a week you will participate in a liturgy, which by repetition will be able to memorize the liturgical hymns, by liturgy I mean, evening raising of incense, asheya, if one is celebrated... the tasbeha if celebrated, the morning raising of incense baker... and the liturgy! so if you do that, by repetition you will learn all the hymns that you need to learn! and in the end you will not be doing anything more than you should be doing... for it is now your duty!

akhdna el baraka... neshkor allah!
  • i am sure u have an ipod or mp3 player erase all of the rap or any agyptian songs u have on it and download from this website hundreds of praises and sermons and liturgies
    i downloaded 1000's of stuff from here
  • when a person is a deacon, they should not take communion without wearing his white tonya... and should at least commune once a week! that means that at least once a week you will participate in a liturgy, which by repetition will be able to memorize the liturgical hymns, by liturgy I mean, evening raising of incense, asheya, if one is celebrated... the tasbeha if celebrated, the morning raising of incense baker... and the liturgy! so if you do that, by repetition you will learn all the hymns that you need to learn! and in the end you will not be doing anything more than you should be doing... for it is now your duty!

yupp it takes practice.. attend church is the answerr

i am sure u have an ipod or mp3 player erase all of the rap or any agyptian songs u have on it and download from this website hundreds of praises and sermons and liturgies
    i downloaded 1000's of stuff from here

^^repetition is good for the mind

[move]good luck=))[/move]