how powerfull is the holy spirit

edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church
i mean as in healing diseases like aids cancer tumors etc?

i was just wondering lets just say a person who is about 50 for example was baptized and the holy spirit dwelled upon him and he has one of these diseases would it eal him-her?

Comments

• The Holy Spirit is God, so its all powerful. as for healing thats in the believers hand if they have faith then yes they will be healed, if not then no.
  • [quote author=bigeee link=topic=7122.msg94453#msg94453 date=1221578796]
    i mean as in healing diseases like aids cancer tumors etc?

i was just wondering lets just say a person who is about 50 for example was baptized and the holy spirit dwelled upon him and he has one of these diseases would it eal him-her?

why do we all have to think worldly?!....don't we say in the "Our Father" pray, "..Thy will be done." If it's His will to be done, why do we have to think about it. Yes God wants us to talk to Him, be with Him and know Him. But there somethings that are just God's choice.....that's including health.
  • Sorry, jydeacon and bigee, The Holy Spirit, the Third Person of the Trinity, is God.  He is the One we worship in all regards and as specified in the Orthodox Creed.  He (as a Person of the Trinity), should never be referred to as "it" or "its".

This is a huge issue.  Please.  Please. Please, be mindful of this point.
  • excuse the space...i can't delete this for some reason
  • Yes you are right my fault I should have been more careful and said He.
  • He can heal anyone as JY said but id like to change that a little, i think He will only heal you if it is HIS will and YOU WANT to be healed, both at the same time. Many people want to be healed, and they believe they can be healed, but aren't healed because it is simply not His will.
  • The holy spirit is soooo powerful that there is no word that can descibe that kind of power and strength Gods power and glory is beyond our minds