what is the difference from protestent from coptic orthodox?

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
?

Comments

• [quote author=bigeee link=topic=7088.msg94107#msg94107 date=1220398569]
    ?

TOOOOO BROAD of a question. check the "Non-Orthodox Inquiries" category of forums for some details.

main diffrence is believeing is salvtion with only faith, leaving out works/deeds.
  • toooooo many differences
  • ok, i have a question,
    do we consider the protestants as "real" Christians (like as in tdo they take the Body and Blood of Christ??????) i have been to a protestant Church before, and they gave out toast, and grape juice, after singing some songs....... i know that some of them are very good people, that are very honest and deserve to be respected and all.... but do they actually receive communiomn when they say they do?
  • [quote author=coptic pharaoh link=topic=7088.msg94139#msg94139 date=1220496207]
    ok, i have a question,
    do we consider the protestants as "real" Christians (like as in tdo they take the Body and Blood of Christ??????) i have been to a protestant Church before, and they gave out toast, and grape juice, after singing some songs....... i know that some of them are very good people, that are very honest and deserve to be respected and all.... but do they actually receive communiomn when they say they do?

well one many aspect of our belief they don't believe are the sacraments. including communion. Some do, some only baptize.  there is just too much of them.

"Respect and honesty" are moral concepts that are used by ALL people to live peacefully. So mainly, if they respect you, you must respect them back, if they don't try to do so to.

will you have to consider some things when you/we are judging them right now.  reasons they are became protestants, and the reason they are still protestants.............
  • I was raised in protestant church, indeed many many differences. But the 'main thing', in my opinion, is mostly the same.
    Also, there are many,many differences among the different protestant churches, so what has been said in earlier replys on this topic, doesn't apply to all protestant churches. Actually, I don't think there is a 'protestant church' in common, because of the many differences.
    You'd have to compare orthodox church with each different protestant church on it's own.
    I hope I made something clear, my english isn't what it should be ;)