That feeling of Priests? (OR CLERGY IN GENERAL)

edited October 2006 in Faith Issues
don't you just love them?

Comments

• That's true, I wish that one day I would either become a Monk or a full Deakon and even though I do not deserve it, I wish to be something like that. August 2003 I was very sad that I didn;t get to join the Clergy picture since I wasn't ordained a deacon yet but August 2004 I couldn't be more happier as I, dressed in White, an Epsaltos of the Church of God was kneeling at the very bottom of the stairs, in the Clergy picture!

By the way, Clergy DOES include all the seven ranks of Priesthood, starting with Epsaltos and ending with Higomanos.

God Bless.

Mike
  • more like 7 more people.... ;)

Mike
  • i know wat u mean. thats wat is called "God' grace"
    there is a saying in arabic, im gonna say it in english, that goes something like this "Whoever God loves/ finds favor in, also causes other people to love them/ be kind to them."
    hope it makes sense.
  • Sorry for the interuptions, i have a question that until now i hope it's answered. Once i was inside the altar, i was walking infront of the altar, and one of the priests told me to walk from the back of the altar instead of from the front. I asked him what the reason why and he wasn't cerain. Since you're talking about the topic of priesthood, i thought that this would be the right place to post up the question. Please if someone knows the answer for this question, please post it up, it'll be really nice to know the answer ;D
  • Abouna told me the same. He said that you should never turn your back to God. And since God is on the alter, you shouldn't turn your back to the alter. Now i'm not sure if he meant turning my back signigfied sinning. Or if its disrecpectful, the same way you wouldn't give your back to somebody talking to you.

Either way, both aren't good.
  • I agree with you guys, priesthood is very great... I just love all priests and bishops... I know we don’t deserve to be in the clergy, but God shows his power through the weakest of us...

I agree with mark423, you are right... I remember when I was an apsoltos, I did that... and a bishop saw me, he yelled at me, and told me to never do it again... and just like others said bishops are so peaceful, so I was very surprised... but before he left, he told me he didn’t mean to yell, and he prayed for me the most amazing prayer ever. So I think all bishops, and priests are peaceful, even though some don’t show it.
  • i agree with you all...

priests, bishops, and overall devout servants of Christ shine through Him. you can see the peace, love and compassion on their faces, and in their actions.

this happens with all who serve the Lord with all their hearts, serve others with love and worry about themselves the least, as seen in clergy as well as laypeople who simply love God.

i guess this is what the world calls 'inner beauty'.... if Christ is in you, how much more beautiful can you get! .... :D

how i wish i could attain such peace and comfort! it is so wonderful...
  • ya i hearda bout those bishops yelling and all, and my dad told me h.h pope kyrillos slapped him once becuase he was praying on this old man on the bench and then he sat there and he slapped him, i wondered why, becuase he was obvioously a very peaceful man
  • oops, I accidentally clicked no ::) sorry, I meant yes.
  • some Bishops yell, so no one would praise them, and gives them fake glory.
  • when i talk to priest or bishop, their peace grants me peace, you can see it in their eyes, they arnt plagued by anything and nothing owrries them, and i let go of my worries! so i know what you are talkin about

maria
  • i personally think you can see God's peace and love in their eyes and smile!
    you just look at them and think, wow.......

sometimes it feels so great to have them smile at you and ask how you are! you get that feeling that God's talking through them, know what i mean?

a good example of that i think would be a bishop known to us all, H.G. Anba Angealos, and an amazing monk, Fr. Anastasi.
    of course, there are many more, but we'd be here forever if we tried to list them all!

God bless these ppl..... He sure knows how to choose those who will shepherd us here on earth! .... :D

take care and God bless

• i so know wat u mean in a way u feel jealous dat like der so holy and peaceful and even though they live in the world dey dont care an live within the peace of god. der so lucki

marina