Baptism Quotes

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
Hello all,

Our firstborn daughter is going to be baptised, God Willing, in September. We are in the process of getting invitations made up and so forth... but we are having a hard time finding passages from the bible concerning baptism that would be appropriate on invitations.

If you could provide some of your favorite passages and quotes from the bible, I would be truly grateful.

Thank you all,
MS

Comments

• Dear twoshenoudas:
    Congratulation on the newborn baby & the baptism. Here are several verses that you can choose from; most of them were used before in baptism invitations.

(Ephesians 4:5 KJV) One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
    (Romans 6:4 KJV) Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life
    (Matthew 3:17 KJV) And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
    Col. 2:12, “having been buried with Him in baptism, in which you were also raised up with Him through faith in the working of God, who raised Him from the dead.”
    Jesus Answered:"Amen, amen I say to you, unless a man be born again of water and the Holy spirit, he cannot enter into the Kingdom of God." John 3:5

Or Verses that shows God's love to His Children
    “I have held thee in the palm of my hand” Isaiah 51:16
    And now, little children, abide in Him..." 1 JOHN 2:28
    "My son, give me your heart and let your eyes keep to my ways..." PRO 23:26
    "Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." MATTHEW 19:14
    "And he took the children in his arms, put his hands on them and blessed them." MARK 10:16

May God be with you & your family
    Let me know if I can further assist
    Plz pray for me