The Day of Saints : Can u help me !

edited August 2008 in Youth Corner
[center]+ In the name of the Father , the Son . the Holy Spirit , One God Amen + [/center]

Hello everybody , hope all of u r ok , and ur lifes is going well  8)
i live in Egypt , and i know about the day of saints that is held in most of western churches . so it will be nice if it is established also here  :) we can do it  ;)

so i ask u , as u watch this day actually ., if anyone can describe the day , its program .
is there an essentail events that should occure this day and what's optional ones .

ur impressions about this day . its cost

i wanna u share even with a small opinion about this great day .

by the way we celebrated the openning of our church yesterday 5/8 , it has been opened for 3 years , please pray more for our church . and its building and its finish .

God be with all of u . have a nice time ,
mention me in ur pryaers

Comments

• I think your talking about All Saints Day. It is celebrated on October 31st which is also Halloween day which is Day of the Demons. To keep the kids from being included the church is opened for Candy , Games and fun. There is also a play and each year has a different theme. For example one year it was Noah's Ark and the kids dressed as animals. It was also The Creation another year where they had a play with an Adam and an Eve. It's a good chance for both kids and adults to be together and have a good time. Make some games up and discuss it with your church to make it real. Think of crafts you can do as well. If your church doesn't have a main hall which is apart from the Church and the alter, think of a nice place where you can do it instead.If candy can't be supplied use other foods. This is what they do at my church. All churches differ I believe. It's used in the U.S. and any country that celebrates Halloween to keep the people away from all the demony things and bring them to the church instead.

God Bless,
    Copt Andrew
  • [quote author=copt andrew link=topic=7014.msg93607#msg93607 date=1218049362]
    I think your talking about All Saints Day. It is celebrated on October 31st which is also Halloween day which is Day of the Demons. To keep the kids from being included the church is opened for Candy , Games and fun. There is also a play and each year has a different theme. For example one year it was Noah's Ark and the kids dressed as animals. It was also The Creation another year where they had a play with an Adam and an Eve. It's a good chance for both kids and adults to be together and have a good time. Make some games up and discuss it with your church to make it real. Think of crafts you can do as well. If your church doesn't have a main hall which is apart from the Church and the alter, think of a nice place where you can do it instead.If candy can't be supplied use other foods. This is what they do at my church. All churches differ I believe. It's used in the U.S. and any country that celebrates Halloween to keep the people away from all the demony things and bring them to the church instead.

God Bless,
    Copt Andrew

thanks andrew for ur help , really u add a new info to me about that day . i thought it is like the fest of saitns on the 11 of september . but i have a new info from u that it is instead of a day of demony things ( i think it is a day in westen countries ) .
    so if we will celebrate this day we'll on 11/9 the begining of the coptic yr  .
    and thanks again for ur info about the details ; place , crafts , play .
    God be with u  .
  • September 11th is Nairouz, the beigining of the Coptic year.... some Churches do activities that day, and have some of the people dress up as some Saints, like Anba Antonios...etc...
  • [quote author=coptic pharaoh link=topic=7014.msg93617#msg93617 date=1218056797]
    September 11th is Nairouz, the beigining of the Coptic year.... some Churches do activities that day, and have some of the people dress up as some Saints, like Anba Antonios...etc...

thanks coptic pharaoh for ur help , i think if we do this day it will be on 11/9 .
    God be with u ,

dears , i wanna more help , if anyone know more about the program , plz give us a hand .
    God be with u , mention me in ur prayers .
  • we dress up as saints in st mina holmdel,nj and we made like a heaven in the cafateria downstairs we made it glittery and on the bottom was like clouds and the people dressed up as saints then we had prizes given out. the saint stood up and said his story and the people guess it

laast year i dressed up as Anba Karas and we did great