wasting time

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
hello everyone,

I just want to get ur opinions on this...
Is it wrong to waste time? like for example, instead of reading something beneficial to your faith, or listening to taraneem, or helping someone out etc. in your spare time, you sit in front of the television for hours...
I know in corinthians there is a verse that says "All things are lawful, but not all things are beneficial"..
i guess my question is, how will we be held accountable for the way we spend our free time,
and is it wrong to enjoy ourselves TOO much?

Comments

• http://stshenoudajc.org/index.php/Videos/

Father David Bebawy is very good at teaching the Coptic Language... I actually learned to read from him.
  • oops, sorry, I posted in  the wrong topic.

Forgive me.
  • if you stat watching tv, or going on the computer tooooo much, u will get bored and annoyed (my situation right now)... dont let yourself get idle... the devil will atttack.... just get busy with something beneficial...
  • Wasting time is when you are most vulnerable to temptation. Plus, you are using your time unwisely which is a sin (it distants you from God).

GB
    Tony
  • Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you.