muslims

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
one of my friends has began asking me acouple of questions about christianty what should i recomand for him to read so we can start off on the same page

Comments

• [quote author=bigeee link=topic=6934.msg92809#msg92809 date=1216152263]
    one of my friends has began asking me acouple of questions about christianty what should i recomand for him to read so we can start off on the same page

The bible.

Try to get one with a commentary
  • I think it best he starts reading the New Testament... (I think for someone who doesn't know christianity it's best to start with the NT)
    just a suggestion though...

God Bless
    Please pray for me
  • [quote author=godislove260 link=topic=6934.msg92818#msg92818 date=1216156226]
    I think it best he starts reading the New Testament... (I think for someone who doesn't know christianity it's best to start with the NT)
    just a suggestion though...

God Bless
    Please pray for me

I agree. This would be the advice of the CoC. Start with the NT . In fact, there's a gospel u should start with... but i forgot which one.. i don't think its Mathew - but I could be wrong.
  • I think in my bible study, they were saying that Genesis is somewhat like the "building block" of how to understand the Bible.... but defenatly a Gospel would be easier to start with
  • I do believe that the Coptic Orthodox Church recommends that anyone wishing to learn about Christianity, with an aim of being baptised in the Orthodox faith, starts reading the Gospel of St. Mark first.

It has nothing to do with the fact that he's our patron saint.

In fact, we've baptised so many muslims/non-christian people, i remember this being said to them now.

What do u read after St. Mark? I've got no idea? But start with St. Mark.
  • few facts about the Gospel according to St. Mark:
    - Rhortest of the Gospels
    - Simplest language
    - Rapid narration
    - Christ's Divinity (a stumbling block to Muslims) might only becomes an issue in the last verses of the Book (when it becomes explicit).
    - It has a "Suffering Messiah" theme that relates well to many. Also, Christ's Humanity is emphasised and hence, readers would embrace Him as a Real person- the first complete Human
  • Hello,

I just saw a reportage or documentary on muslim converts in the UK. In fact, there's an association called "Anciens Musulmans de Grande-Bretagne" - which probably translates as "Ex-Muslims of Great Britain".

THe documentary is in French, but it looks at muslim converts to Christianity in the UK. Why not also get in touch with the organisation?

Here's the video if u know French. Its actually funny lol. They have "underground" or "secret" meetings to talk about their situation as ex-muslims for fear of being killed..

Ahh.. i found their website: http://www.ex-muslim.org.uk/

I'm surprised at how many ex-muslims there are by the way.

OMG! I also found this link:
    Its about ex-muslims who have converted to Christianity in France. Its no joke. The scene where u see women doing a zaghrouta were all muslim. Now they are Christian. (I know some of them! HAHAH).. yeah - its obviously better to be ex-muslim in paris than it is in London.

Anyway, how they became Christian, and what their views are now are very interesting. If u wish me to translate the video let me know; but know this: the video testifies that 10,000 muslims in France have converted to Christianity this year.