St. Bishoy Doxology and Hymns

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
I am looking for the doxology for st. bishoy and any other related hymns in english and/or coptic. PLZZ can someone find it for me, with the text.

thnk u

Comments

• The doxology, sorry its off the top of my head:

Yousef piarshierevs: ente pinishti emvaki rakoti: pipathenos ettoviout: etgolh empi thevio emmi

Enehri khen niehoo: ente tekmetarshierevs: a painishti enehmot tahon: anon kha nietamepsha

Ete pijini sharon: ente nenioti enestavroforos: ava Pishoi nem ava Pavli: nifostir eterooini

Nai etavshopi nan empi: esnav enlimen ente piougai: averooini en nenepsishi: hiten noemepsanon ethouab

Shere peniot ava Pishoi: piethmi piromi enteliosL shere peniot ava Pavle: pimenrit ente pekhristos

Tobh emepchois eehri egon: o nachois enyoti emainoshiri: ava Pishoi nem ava Pavle: entef ka nenovi nan evol.

pray for me

joe
  • thnks but i am looking for the doxology of st. bishoy, who washed the feet of our good saviour, in english plzz and any related hymns

thnk u
  • Thats is the doxology of St.Bishoy lol, except that St. Paul of Tammoh is also mentioned, as they were together in life, and buried together.

"Youssef piarshierevs" might have confused you, here they are saying to Pope Youssef (the Pope at the time of St. Bishoy) that during his reign over the See, two great saints were manifest.
  • kk thnks but i need the english version plzz

thnk u
  • O Joseph the high priest
    Of the great city Alexandria
    The pure celibate
    Adorned with true humility

In the blessed days
    Of you high priesthood
    We the undeserving
    Received a blessing

The coming of our fathers
    The cross-bearers
    The shining stars
    Abba Pishoi and Abba Paul

Who became unto us
    A haven of salvation
    And gave light to our souls
    Through their holy bodies

Hail to our father Abba Pishoi
    The perfect and righteous man
    Hail to our father Abba Paul
    The beloved of Christ

Ask the Lord on our behalf
    Our saintly fathers who love their children
    Abba Pishoi and Abba Paul
    That he may forgive us our sins
  • thnk u very much. i was wondering where u got from, a book or website. if it is a website plzz give me the link

thnk u god bless
  • From my memory  :)

pray for me

joe
  • You memorized St. Bishoy's Doxology in Coptic and English?? Impressive :)
  • Haha not so impressive I'm sure, if I tell you I go to Archangel Michael and St. Bishoy COC, Margate, Kent.

pray for me

joe
  • [quote author=josephgabriel link=topic=6929.msg92755#msg92755 date=1216109814]
    Haha not so impressive I'm sure, if I tell you I go to Archangel Michael and St. Bishoy COC, Margate, Kent.

pray for me

joe

Oh, I see. Makes sense.

PK