Hard Questions

Several Questions concerning certain practices within the church:
First, what are the psalms that are to be said going to church and where exactly are they to be said and why are they said.  If you give me an answer please tell me what is your source of your information (for example, a specific book).  Also if you

Also I have recently learned that priest are to open the alter and offer incense during tasbeha.  Is this true or false and again state your source.

Finally, during the liturgy when go around the alter holding the gospel and and the cross, what are the prayers that you are supposed to say as you are going around. 

Thank You

Comments

• [quote author=Lover of the father link=topic=6856.msg91948#msg91948 date=1214851219]
    Also I have recently learned that priest are to open the alter and offer incense during tasbeha.  Is this true or false and again state your source.

no. The only time this happends is in Kiahk Praises nights, more specificly sunday nights on the 6th interpretation where it says "You are Aaron's censor..."
    The source would be the Kiahk Psalmody but i wouldn't have one on me right now so i'll post the refrence latter.

Finally, during the liturgy when go around the alter holding the gospel and and the cross, what are the prayers that you are supposed to say as you are going around. 

the three Short Litanies: Peace, Fathers and Place. These are like the 3 Long lities but a shorter version.

your source, any full liturgy book.
  • First, what are the psalms that are to be said going to church and where exactly are they to be said and why are they said.  If you give me an answer please tell me what is your source of your information (for example, a specific book)

Take a look at this article: http://www.coptichymns.net/module-pagesetter-viewpub-tid-8-pid-19.html
    Personally, I was taught slightly differently in which psalms to recite on the way to church (and when putting on/taking off the tonya), but I don't have a specific source to cite for that.

Matthew
  • What are the psalms that you recite and if anyone else has any other information on this that would be great.