has anyone ever witnesed a coptic adult baptisem

edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church
i want to know what to expect when i am baptised i am so excited

Comments

• When are you getting baptised? 
  • Yes, i've witnessed a few.
    Hmm... u'll definately get wet. You know that right? U are aware that it involves water?? Yes?
    Make sure the Tonia is not transparent also.

Abouna is going to put u in the baptism font and push your head down 3 times and baptise u.

Now... before he does that, he's going to ask u to face the west and deny Satan.
    Then you will face the east, and testify your faith in Christ. What u say exactly, i've forgotten.

THen he baptises u.

After u get baptised, YOU SHOULD use the name that was given to u at the time of your baptism (according to H.E. Metropolitan Bishoy). Which I personally agree with also.

After baptism, if there are deacons present, they'll sing that you are now worthy (Axios). If you are a girl.. well... they did in this one Church sing something that I really loved. It was so ideal for baptism.

Look. During the hymn Axios.. they say your baptism name. Then they sang the following verse:
    "Listen O Daughter, and Incline your ear, forget your people, and your Father's house, because the King has greatly desired your purity".

(its a Psalm... in fact i do believe its Psalm 45).

Its a good experience. Lucky You!!