Thank You To The Coptic People

edited December 1969 in Introductions
hi im new here as well as to the Orthodox faith. i was raised very liberal and for many years rejected God because the shallow protestant faith and worldy humanism did not offer enough depth to satisfy me. if it were not for the Coptic Orthodox Church, and the Ethiopian Church, i would probably be dead and definetly spiritually defunct. now i defend the very church i was taught to reject, partake in the Holy Mysteries i was told was a man made lie. Glory To God in the highest for allowing me to discover the truth! thank you Coptic people!

Ioannes

Comments

• Welcome to the site Ioannnes and my God guide your path to salvation  :)

pray for me

joe
  • [quote author=Ioannes link=topic=6818.msg91346#msg91346 date=1214146657]
    hi im new here as well as to the Orthodox faith. i was raised very liberal and for many years rejected God because the shallow protestant faith and worldy humanism did not offer enough depth to satisfy me. if it were not for the Coptic Orthodox Church, and the Ethiopian Church, i would probably be dead and definetly spiritually defunct. now i defend the very church i was taught to reject, partake in the Holy Mysteries i was told was a man made lie. Glory To God in the highest for allowing me to discover the truth! thank you Coptic people!

Ioannes

Welcome Ioannes! :)
    That's a wonderful.

May i just ask how it happened? How did u get to know the Coptic Church? What happened to make u a Coptic Christian?

Thanks
  • He just said he learned from a Coptic Orthodox Church, and the Ethiopian Church!

Welcome Ioannes to the true faith :) may God, St. Mary, and all the saint and the angels be with you and strenght you in the faith more and more :)

rabana ma3ak (god be with you)

bentBABAyasooa` (god's daughter)
  • Hey! Welcome!! u will njoy it here!!! it is like having a big family but on the computer!! LOL!!!
  • Welcome !!! and thanks to you for reminding us how good the Lord is, glory be to Him.

God Bless and Keep you always
    Please pray for me
  • Welcome Ioannes! :)
    That's a wonderful.

May i just ask how it happened? How did u get to know the Coptic Church? What happened to make u a Coptic Christian?

Thanks

I was exposed to Orthodoxy in Ethiopia struggled with it with my now wife. i didnt understand much of it therefore i rejected it. then i was exposed again through a coptic friend whom was very helpful and after that it was probably another 2 years before i got baptized. there was just something about it, like it would not let me go. it was like i knew it was true i just didnt know why. many nights i spent crying and cursing God, asking him for an answer. lone behold He gave it to me through much struggle. Orthodoxy, coptic in general has completely altered my life, teaching me how the path to salvation, teaching me about Christ. Glory to God in the highest! Zoxa si philantrope!
  • Welcome;) i also born not Coptic but soon will be baptised;) where do you live?
  • welcome