the thread that was started the other day

edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church
about the end of the world.now it is the enviorment of the culture we live in that allows us to think like this, well have we forgot what it says in the bible about JESUS for he says with god in your life what shall you fear.if we have faith and just pray and cunfess and take comunion why should we worry? no one knows except the father himself when the world will end. why do we get caught up in topics like these is beyond me.i mean dont get me wrong it is such intrestings threads. but why cant we just stick to our normal beliefs and we well have a much simpler easier life. who cares when the world will end. as long as we do our duties for god we will all be inshrind in to the gates of heaven

Comments

• [quote author=bigeee link=topic=6798.msg91117#msg91117 date=1213901195]
    about the end of the world.now it is the enviorment of the culture we live in that allows us to think like this, well have we forgot what it says in the bible about JESUS for he says with god in your life what shall you fear.if we have faith and just pray and cunfess and take comunion why should we worry? no one knows except the father himself when the world will end. why do we get caught up in topics like these is beyond me.i mean dont get me wrong it is such intrestings threads. but why cant we just stick to our normal beliefs and we well have a much simpler easier life. who cares when the world will end. as long as we do our duties for god we will all be inshrind in to the gates of heaven

well not everyone thinks of it in that simple way, even thoo i would rather think of it this way. ppl worry to much about what they are and what they will become. they don't know that the future is based on the past and the present. ppl ignore that fact to live "happylly" not "joyfully".
  • Hi. THat was my thread. I started that. I just noticed strange patterns that did in fact indicate signs of the end of times. WHat i don't get is that be Bible tells us these signs, and when we say :"Oh! Look, here are the signs in the Bible" - then we are worrying.

I just thought it was interesting that there were signs.

Whether Britney spears or Madonna is the Anti-Christ or not, no one will ever be sure.
  • the statment of the "anti-christ" doesn't refere to one person but it can refere to many. it is wrong to think so. people who are just against Christ by defination are "anti-christ.

going to the bible and the end of the world, if it was in the old testament and/or reveltions and so on, you have to worry about which explnation is best tha fit the revelation.

for example,the book of Daniel.....do you know how controvertial the commentary for that book are in it's 2nd half. TOOO controvertial tot he point that Jews don't like daniel, and other ppl are just prudcing weird commentaris with videos and book and a lot of other things just to make money. despite that, the main mistake that they did (many ppl with commentaries of the book), is that they apply all the revelation on the Last Day and not the coming of Christ as we Orthodox mostly believe. for example the famous revelation of the 70 weeks (70 7, 70x7=490).