I am a sinner who needs support

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
I have sinned with a hugely bad deed i have stolen a bike well not exactly heres the story need your prayer i need help telling the guy

It started out i had a soccer game with my friends they toke their bikes and locked it up but with a lock that required a key and they lost the key so they toke it over to 1 of my friends house to cut it it didnt work so they left it there trust my friend than my friend told me do you want to steal it and lie and he tricked me into it with stuff like rember all the times he swore at you punched you made you cry so i did it now listen to this all i did to my friends bike that he left was throw 3 bricks at it which dented the middle part and some stuff in the wires but it was still good you could have still rode it my friend dismantled it threw away all over the city now listen

How can i tell my friend that i stole his bike Cause hes chaldean and he WILL BEAT ME UP  i m thinking i should pay him    50$  for the damage i did because i didnt that much but im scared cause i know he will beat me up hard..  please pray for me Markos

reply something that helps

Comments

• You need to go to you father of Confession and confess. He knows you better and the place you’re in so He will guide you on what you need to do.
    May God be with you

Plz pray for me
  • I second that!
  • Tricky. It is tempting to get revenge on people who hurt us, isn't it. I guess, in the future, we just have to remember and really have faith in the fact that you hurt Christ worse with your sins, and He still is willing to forgive you. When that happens it becomes much more easier to forgive others, and not desire to have revenge. That is why we say many many times each day, "forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us"--> in that way, when you forgive him, you are forgiving yourself :) By the way, brother, you will have difficulty in this for awhile: but don't lose hope, God will teach you from the difficulties and falls we take.
  • [quote author=resurection link=topic=6790.msg91024#msg91024 date=1213816025]
    I have sinned with a hugely bad deed i have stolen a bike well not exactly heres the story need your prayer i need help telling the guy

It started out i had a soccer game with my friends they toke their bikes and locked it up but with a lock that required a key and they lost the key so they toke it over to 1 of my friends house to cut it it didnt work so they left it there trust my friend than my friend told me do you want to steal it and lie and he tricked me into it with stuff like rember all the times he swore at you punched you made you cry so i did it now listen to this all i did to my friends bike that he left was throw 3 bricks at it which dented the middle part and some stuff in the wires but it was still good you could have still rode it my friend dismantled it threw away all over the city now listen

How can i tell my friend that i stole his bike Cause hes chaldean and he WILL BEAT ME UP  i m thinking i should pay him    50$  for the damage i did because i didnt that much but im scared cause i know he will beat me up hard..  please pray for me Markos

reply something that helps

You must return the bike to your friend.
    If he's going to beat u up, then just return it - quickly.
    Then, as joe suggested, u must confess this. Its  a sin. Now, u obviously feel bad about what u did, and i'm sure u will never do it again.

That's great. :)

Yeah.. vengence isn't good. If we don't steal someone's bike to get back on them, we say something instead that's just as hurtful. It amounts to the same.

That's wrong.

But i admit that I'm quite impressed by your attitude. I really hope that God blesses us with the same, and that we can try to repent for our sins and put what we've done right.
  • I think you should tell your FOC and maybe if you both go to the same church take your FOC with you to him and apologise.
  • First of all  I am glad you realize that what you did was wrong this is an important step in repentance.  Always ask yourself if what you are about to do pleases God and if the answer is no don't do it.  I think you should apologize to your friend about what happened and replace the bike.  You refer to everyone as friends.... are you all really friends.  I mean the guy who convinced you to damage the bike, do you really consider him a friend???? He brought out the worst in you and made you do something you had not planned on doing.  And the guy whom you damaged his bike is he really your friend you mention that he punched you several times and made you cry. Also what you did to him is not what is expected from a friend.  Maybe its time to reevaluate your friends and what the true meaning of friendship is. You might be hanging with the wrong crowd.
  • The friend did provide an opportunity for you to sin- but as you have obviously realized, the buck passing ends with you. That said, I think it is normal that kids want revenge on a very intimidating bully. It does not condone what he or you did, but I think I can understand why he would want to do something like that. We should arise above such a mindset, but your Christian brothers and sisters, well at least me, understand the difficulty you are in, and by the grace of God we can avoid such foolishness in the future. You have done well to admit the fault; do what is right no matter the consequences now, and let God deal with the rest. If you don't feel like doing the right thing- just do it, and trust that God will change and purify your heart. And what is right is probably to get your parents behind you in this, talk to them- they love you. Hope this helps. :)
  • I really don't like bully's. An adult needs to talk to that guy and/or his parents. You can't have someone just going around ill-treating people like that! If he is not stopped he could really end up hurting someone badly and causing otherwise good youth to go astray.
    We must love our enemies. To this aim someone needs to inform 'the bully' that his evil ways are leading him to a path of destruction; look his bike has already been destroyed. Maybe he will harm the wrong person one day, someone not Christian and compassionate and not just an inanimate bike will be destroyed!
  • LOL... where are you from to have Chaldeans?! LOL... tell them you'll get your 340894359049856099845089 cousins! lol... wow this is too funny! be a man and take fault for what  you did... if you get beat... then you deserve it... but NO ONE has authority to touch you! but guess what you're already late... you have already given them the chance to disrespect you... in the end it's all your fault! I've been in your shoes...

no advice can help you but this... FIND NEW PEOPLE TO CALL FRIENDS!!!!
  • Everyone told you that you should talk to your Father of Confession - so do it

You already took step one of repenting by known your sin and that you did a whole topic with the title of " I am a sinner who needs Support"

and no one will touch you or beat you up. say the truth and think of a way of repaying him. put yourself in his shoes and think of what you would want in return.

and if you still afraid of a beating. PRAY and pray that no fight will break out and really not one of your hairs will be touched.

"La Takhaf Lanii Ma3ak" - "Do not be afraid, for I Am with You"

pray
  • oh you have to be really careful...confess but don't tell him..you need to tell someone older than you first just in case anything happens..as you are saying i take it that this guy is arrogant so be REALLY CAREFUL. and dont tell him even if you will pay him back until you are sure you are safe. take care