Priest in Holmdel

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
Is there anyone who has a liturgy by the priest in holmdel? the one that isnt married?

Comments

• a priest that isn't married???? are you sure???? are you sure His wife didn't pass away???? what is the name of this priest.....  Check the "Have you ever had that feeling" discusion.. the last few pages are about priests getting married....
  • [quote author=coptic pharaoh link=topic=6677.msg89196#msg89196 date=1212451494]
    a priest that isn't married???? are you sure???? are you sure His wife didn't pass away???? what is the name of this priest.....   Check the "Have you ever had that feeling" discusion.. the last few pages are about priests getting married....

Im 150% sure he isn't married, but this isn't what the topic is, those from EB and basically NJ and possibly NY know who i am talking about, I want a liturgy from Him. I KNOW he is not married.
  • [quote author=coptic pharaoh link=topic=6677.msg89196#msg89196 date=1212451494]
    a priest that isn't married???? are you sure???? are you sure His wife didn't pass away???? what is the name of this priest.....   Check the "Have you ever had that feeling" discusion.. the last few pages are about priests getting married....

I got confirmation from my father of confession yesterday that there are priests who serve in the world who are not married. So please, just accept the fact!
  • an example is Abouna Abraam El- Samouely
  • [quote author=Loca4Christ link=topic=6677.msg89201#msg89201 date=1212452030]
    an example is Abouna Abraam El- Samouely

He is a monk....... 

and Severus....  finaly i will accept the fact that SOME Priests don't have to get marrried....  i guess it is an exeption to the rules.... 

What is the name of this Priest?????     
  • yeap, they are monk priests who have been ordained to a church. There is another here in Maryland, Abouna Shenouda El Baramousi:

http://home.comcast.net/~stgeorgeofmd/contact.htm

And sorry I know of him but not sure of his name, lol what is his name?
  • He is both a monk and a priest.  THere are some monks that become priests
  • [quote author=Hisservant link=topic=6677.msg89192#msg89192 date=1212449697]
    Is there anyone who has a liturgy by the priest in holmdel? the one that isnt married?

What is This Priest's name????
  • his name is Abouna Ibrahim Wassef and he is not married and his church is Holmdel and in MA the kuhma or vineyard one of their priests is not married also...these priests hv a special name they are called preacher priests...i know tht abouna angelos from MA is one and same w/ abouna Ibrahim wassef BUT did u know in the ranks of deacon (epsaltos, aghnostos, Epideacon, deacon, archdeacon) if u r ordained a deacon or archdeacon and NOT married u CAN'T get married after but u can still get ordained if u r married.
  • [quote author=copticdeacon link=topic=6677.msg89209#msg89209 date=1212452921]
    his name is Abouna Ibrahim Wassef and he is not married and his church is Holmdel and in MA the kuhma or vineyard one of their priests is not married also...these priests hv a special name they are called preacher priests...i know tht abouna angelos from MA is one and same w/ abouna Ibrahim wassef BUT did u know in the ranks of deacon (epsaltos, aghnostos, Epideacon, deacon, archdeacon) if u r ordained a deacon or archdeacon and NOT married u CAN'T get married after but u can still get ordained if u r married.

Thank you for finally answering my question... and thank you for the facts.. they are interseting............

did you check    www.orthodoxsermons.org     
  • anytime lol and no i didn't check orthodoxsermons.org i live in CT so i know these priests and the facts about deacons i found it on a pdf of a book by anba mettaous

http://www.scribd.com/doc/14644/Deacons
  • abouna ibrahim is NOT a monk priest, he is a regular priest and dresses like one, he did not take the monastic vow, but back to my question... does anyone have a liturgy prayed by him?
  • yea i didn't say he was a monk.. i think a preacher priest is basically like a bishop but who hasn't take the orders of monasticism but still has to be pure.

God bless and pray 4 me
    Copticdeacon
  • [quote author=copticdeacon link=topic=6677.msg89223#msg89223 date=1212455652]
    yea i didn't say he was a monk.. i think a preacher priest is basically like a bishop but who hasn't take the orders of monasticism but still has to be pure.

God bless and pray 4 me
    Copticdeacon

They are not like bishops. They are like married priests (perform the same functions) but are simply not married.
  • Lord have mercy - lets not start this again - stubborn is just too stubborn sometimes
  • [quote author=josephgabriel link=topic=6677.msg89257#msg89257 date=1212481008]
    Lord have mercy - lets not start this again - stubborn is just too stubborn sometimes

lol.. tasbeha.org - its too much fun to handle.
  • [quote author=Hisservant link=topic=6677.msg89222#msg89222 date=1212455436]
    abouna ibrahim is NOT a monk priest, he is a regular priest and dresses like one, he did not take the monastic vow, but back to my question... does anyone have a liturgy prayed by him?

Oh this is so confusing. Who on earth decided to call a monk a priest? Can we all just call them monks please??
  • Theres a difference Vas, between monks and monks who are priests - not all monks can pray the liturgy - the monastic consecration is not a priesthood rank, rather monks can be ordained priests (usually around two years if the monks is faithful in his duties - but there is no guideline - it is left to the discretion of the abbot of the monastery.)
  • His Servent,
    did you try the church website... when you click on the media page then litergies... im pretty sure its posted on there... btw r u from that church... b/c i am... well i was and then i moved a few years ago.
  • Im sorry I just went on there to double check and I didnt the odas..sorry, ill keep looking though
  • hey guys my name is kyrillos and i serve as a deacon in st. mina's holmdel. My grandfather was abouna Shenouda Halim Tawfik who built the church and passed away about a year later. Yes Abouna Abraham is a priest that is not married. He never had a wife or anything. There is no problem at all with a priest not being married. St. John the Evangelist was a preacher and yet he was not married...St. Peter had a wife and yet preached...we know this becuase Our Lord God and Savior Jesus Christ healed his mother-in-law.....back to the point go to caji.us and u will find some audio from our coptic orthodox church in holmdel.

Pray for me
  • Hey Kyrillos! This is Diana, I was in your sunday school class..remember me?
  • hey diana aren't u in one of those carolina's and u moved from jersey a couple of years back???
  • yeah i moved to north carolina 5 years ago