Father Zakaria Botros

[move]Christ is Risen! Al Masih Kam! Cristo es Resucitado![/move]

I just discovered alot of Apologetical stuff form Fr. Zakaria Botros. The videos (the ones in English on YouTube) are very good! I wonder how is he regarded by HH Pope Shenouda? Is there a website that shares about Fr. Botros' life?

Comments

• Who is Abouna Zakaria Botros???
  • 1. he's a priest that has faced alot of scrutiny recently due to his undying thirst to proove Islam wrong, and send the message out.  He was forced to leave Egypt, because "Halelo Damo" which means Fatwas have been sent out "promoting his death."  It wasnt too long ago that the Pope asked him to stop what he was doing due to its negative consequences on the Copts of  Egypt.  Rumors have been surrounding this man since, some say:
    a) his priesthood was taken away, but he is still a full Coptic Orthodox Christian
    b) he sent out a resignition, but a priest can't really resign from his job
    c) he adopted Protesting views.

2.. can you post the link to the site, where he is "apologetic," and whats he apologetic about?
  • [quote author=Boricua_Orthodox link=topic=6652.msg88822#msg88822 date=1212017711]
    [move]Christ is Risen! Al Masih Kam! Cristo es Resucitado![/move]

I just discovered alot of Apologetical stuff form Fr. Zakaria Botros. The videos (the ones in English on YouTube) are very good! I wonder how is he regarded by HH Pope Shenouda? Is there a website that shares about Fr. Botros' life?

Boricua,
    I just noticed your tag. It says "God became Man, so that man can become God".

THe "God" at the end of that sentence should be a miniscule "g", not a majiscule.
  • http://www.fatherzakaria.net/

This is the  apologetical website. Any more recent info about him? English website? Pope Shenouda's asking  for Fr. Botros to stop may be compared to Pope Benedict XVI's anti-islamic quote in the sense of being accountable and responsible for his flock's safety. I admire Fr. Botros' courage in evangelizing and showing He who is the Way, the Truth and the Life (John 14:6)".  Thank you QT_PA_2T for your observation. Al Masih Kam!
  • Boricua, QT has a point, The second God should be god. There are a lot of reasons why I think this way but I'm not 100% sure. If you're wondering why I think QT would provide an answer.

God Bless,
    Copt Andrew
  • Hi all,

Here's an extract from a conversation with Fr. Botros concerning why he attacks islam.

-The broadcaster: we received in our program many questions speaking about the freedom of religion and worshiping and the freedom of criticism and meditation and the possibility of criticizing Islam, lot of authority people spoke about the program of "questions about the faith" broadcasted through Life T.V channel and spoke about yourself Father Zakaria accusing you of attacking the religion of Islam in all its creeds; the quran and the converses , you are even attacking the prophet of Islam Muhammad himself , How do you answer that?

- Father Zakaria: I am glade to answer that
    I'd like to ask those challengers why do they consider that program as attacking Islam, while its name is" questions about the faith" , let them remind me one time I attacked Islam or the prophet, tell me when and how and in what episode All what I had said were from the Islamic books, we are reading them for the viewers to listen to them, nothing more and nothing less than that

I agree. I've seen the videos, and read most of his material. He doesnt attack Islam at all. In fact, he's very respectful when talking about Islam.

• Having said that, there is now a lawsuit against him:

But, why are they against him for? Why don't they focus on this guy talking about Islam??

He makes Fr Zakaria look like a children's TV presenter. Come on.. guys.. be fair!!
  • i think this bunch of pakistani muslims (see video below) do more harm for islam than Fr zakaria or rob spencer put together.

I think these people are pretending to be muslim just make it look bad. I don't know,  they could be hindu or seek pretending to be muslim, but they definately need to be investigated by Al Qaeda.