how to beat them
what they are
overcoming the devil etc

THANK YOU in advance
God Bless

Comments

• 'Arsenius, flee, be silent, pray always, for these are the
    source of sinlessness.' (St. Arsenius)

"I saw the snares that the enemy spreads out over the world and I said groaning, "What can get through from such snares?" Then I heard a voice saying to me, "Humility." "-St.Anthony

"A mere look at the desert can mortify all of man's lusts" (St.Isaac the Syrian)

also check on the post of :nice quotes/short stories          there might be some there

and this website too: [ftp=ftp://http://orthodoxwiki.org/Sayings_of_the_Desert_Fathers]http://orthodoxwiki.org/Sayings_of_the_Desert_Fathers[/ftp]
  • Really it is nice to know that people seek the words of old fathers , May God give u a victory in ur spiritual war according to ur real faith .

i think i read before but specificly i don't know the father who said that

the best thing to overcome devil is to connect more close to God .
    like share in the holly masses regularly , and communion , spiritaul meetings in the church , and to be away from not nice friends and reach nice ones who can grew u up in ur relation with God . Also praising God through Midnight praises will connect u more with heaven and keep u deeply love Lord Jesus , and the true love is so enough to keep us away fron the sin .

One book of our father Pope Shenuda was about " the life of repentance and purity " it is so important for every one who care of his spirtul life to read it . i hope that i can find an english version on net ,  as a well of God if i find it will be shared here .

Also another words of old father is to close the entrance gates for the sin and the main proper ones for the devil to use to fall us in sins is the 5 senses , especially our eyes . so i think - by the grace of God - if we r away from the things that may cause our fail and instead connect more to God it will be better for our lspiritaul life .

Don't think more about the sin and the temptaion , it will be fine if just we know that we r sinners . but it will be better to think of the great love of God and His unbelivable patience , the love that convert before the life of St. Mosses the Black from the bad life to a great life of a great saint .

God be with u Christrules , and bless ur steps toward Him .
  • Excellent points raised by Mankindloverson
    here is a link:
    http://www.mystjohn.org/books/Sayings_of_Desert_Fathers.pdf

pray for me

joe
  • Thanks Joe for the link, i just got the Bostan el Rohban on Audio in Arabic....  i havn't listened to it yet thou.....  if you want it , i can try to put it in a zipped file and send it to you by mail.... it is in 45 parts....
  • Thank You so Much guys

and if you have anymore id love to hear them

GOD BLESS
  • [quote author=coptic pharaoh link=topic=6639.msg88720#msg88720 date=1211921942]
    Thanks Joe for the link, i just got the Bostan el Rohban on Audio in Arabic....  i havn't listened to it yet thou.....   if you want it , i can try to put it in a zipped file and send it to you by mail.... it is in 45 parts....

Oh yes that would be awesome.... lowsama7t send it to me  :)

pray for me

joe
  • [quote author=Christrules link=topic=6639.msg88622#msg88622 date=1211853642]
    I was wondering does anyone have any quotes from desert fathers on sins

how to avoid them
    how to beat them
    what they are
    overcoming the devil etc

THANK YOU in advance
    God Bless

yeah, i have one from Fr. Arsenious. This princess insisted on coming to see him. He refused. She sent messages with bishops and ambassadors that she wanted to come and get his blessings. He refused to see her.
    Then she took it upon herself to come in person, with a small entourage, and see him. She went to the monastery and found him. She ran up to him, through herself at his feet and said to him:

"Father!! PRAY FOR ME".

He said to her:

"Pray for you? You stupid woman, i pray that God removes the memory of u from my head. Do u not know that this is a place of monks, and your presence here is not wise at all".

(something like that.. it was off the top of my head)..but he either said to her u "stupid" woman, or u "foolish" woman.. whichever, but it wasn't a complement when he talked to her... that's for sure!!