HELP PLEASE

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
Hello everyone, i would firstly like to thank you all for ur previous halp and posts, and i would like to come back to you for help.

I have this problem that wont go away, i pray from my heart daily i ask for intersessions from St. Mary and shafi3y Pope Kyrollos, but its not getting any better i dont know what to do, sometimes i feel like im losing all hope and i dont bother praying about it anymore, i dont wanna drift away from God....Please help!!!

Thanks in advance
God Bless

Comments

• "The solution to your problem is not the solution to your problem,
    The solution to your problem is Finding GOD inside your problem."
    - Fr Anthony Messeh
  • I heard this before
    Dont tell God I have a big problem tell the problem i have a big God
  • Talk to God like He is your friend, talk to Him 24/7, or at least try to... and if you stop praying it won't go away, you can keep praying for years, but God will help you at the end, and by the way, a great reason that God isn't taking it away from you is because it makes you pray from your heart and therefore get closer to Him....    it is like temptation, God allowes it because it gets us closer to Him
  • 'Arsenius, flee, be silent, pray always, for these are the
    source of sinlessness.' (St. Arsenius)
  • "But he who endures to the end shall be saved" (Matthew 24:13)

A prayer from the desert
      ------------------------

Lord  Jesus Christ, whose will all things
      obey: pardon  what I have done  and grant
      that I, a sinner,  may sin no more. Lord,
      I believe that  though  I do not  deserve
      it, you can cleanse me from  all my sins.
      Lord,  I know  that  man looks  upon  the
      face, but  you see the heart.  Send your
      spirit into  my  inmost  being,  to  take
      possession of my soul and body.  Without
      you  I  cannot  be  saved; with  you  to
      protect  me, I  long  for your salvation.
      And  now  I ask you  for your salvation.
      And now  I ask you for wisdom,  deign of
      your  great goodness  to  help and defend
      me.  Guide my heart, almighty God, that I
      may remember your presence day and night.

++ Amen ++

• when we have a temptation we should be happy , as a tempatatiom if it was from God , so God wanna make us more and more strong for mny reasons , one of them is that u may be a servant for lord and u should have many teptations and go over them by the Grace of God so u can help ur masters u serve . and there is a nice verse i don't rememebr where exactly in the bilbe but it's general meaning is ( as he has pain from the temptation he will be able to help whom face the tempataion ) . and a nice words by my Father Bishoy Kamel ( the illness and other different teptations r like an operations to purify us , these operations is made by God . thanks God too much as He take care of us and wanna purify us )
  • Thank You all for your replies
  • Abba Theodore of Scetis said, 'A thought comes to me which troubles me and does not leave me free; but not being able to lead me to act, it simply stops me progressing in virtue; but a vigilant man would cut it off and get up to pray.'

• my friend told me this quote one time i thought it was amazing..."don't say how big ur problems are tell ur problems how BIG our God is."

God Bless and Pray 4 me
    Copticdeacon
  • Yeah i love that one too....but its hard sometimes to see past the problem and the dark and look at the good and God and the light, you know what i mean?

does anyone know what i can do to practice looking at the good?!?
  • well, it depends on the nature of the problem....  you can't just say you have a problem....nobody can really help if you have "a problem"....  Tell Abouna... He will tell you what to do, talk to Mina I. and he might help....  nobody can help unless they know what the problem is....
  • [quote author=Christrules link=topic=6632.msg88493#msg88493 date=1211765156]
    Hello everyone, i would firstly like to thank you all for ur previous halp and posts, and i would like to come back to you for help.

I have this problem that wont go away, i pray from my heart daily i ask for intersessions from St. Mary and shafi3y Pope Kyrollos, but its not getting any better i dont know what to do, sometimes i feel like im losing all hope and i dont bother praying about it anymore, i dont wanna drift away from God....Please help!!!

Thanks in advance
    God Bless

as you may already know life is not perfect (what a horrible thing of me to start with lol) so everyone has problems...what for example i have already is far better than who knows..less fortunate people might have! and if u know the story from saint Paul when he asked god to heal him from his illness and god said my grace is sufficient..something like that..
    its all down to god's will..when he feels it is the right time to lift this burden off your shoulders he will..keep praying though..maybe it is a way to keep you on track so you dont go astray..you never know what god is thinking
  • Saint J. Chrysostom said, we are all attacked by evil thoughts. We cannot stop the birds flying around above us, but we can most certainly stop them from building a nest on top of our heads. If they decide to build a nest on your head, u can either allow them, or brush them off quickly.

I do this often. I know we can be attacked by many thoughts and entertain things in our head, but when you brush them off, you'll feel better. Don't feel bad that u were attacked, only feel bad if u allowed yourself to actually welcome and invite these thoughts to grow on your head.

• ALL THINGS work together for good to those who love God.
    Remember that as long as you cling to God and hold on to Him, he will always be there with you. As long as you WITH HIM, be glad and thankful about everything and praise Him because even though He might not spare you from temptation and problems, He would rather have you suffer for a little while and then become a better person who will be in heaven with Him. Remeber that they purify gold in fire so it becomes more pure. Maybe that's what you're going through right now.
    But whatever you do, don't lose hope and stand firm in the faith. Because losing hope is exactly what the devil wants, only when you're far from God, you're vulnerable, as long as you're with him : A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you. (psalm 91:7)

From 1 Peter 5
    6Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:
    7Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
    8Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
    9Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.

God Bless you
    Please pray for me
  • Thank You all
  • I still have the feeling as if there is a hole where my heart should be, there is no warmth
    there is no feeling that the Holy Spirit dwells within me
    i feel that im drifting away from GOD PLEASE HELP
  • It won't come over night.....    PRAY..,  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY.....  and PRAY..... 

and don't forget to pray....  and i am dead serious... this is no joke...
  • [quote author=Christrules link=topic=6632.msg90151#msg90151 date=1213148372]
    I still have the feeling as if there is a hole where my heart should be, there is no warmth
    there is no feeling that the Holy Spirit dwells within me
    i feel that im drifting away from GOD PLEASE HELP

Drifting away: keep your heart with God all the time...      listen to Alhan all the time... or Sermons...    even if they in backround while you work... 
    Holy Spirit: It is in there....    you just have to make it grow.... you ask how? BIBLE and PRAY, read the Bible, as many Chapters as you can, or at least the number your FoC, told you about.  Pray the psalms and the Agpeya...
      I was watching the movie of Anba Karas 'el Sa'eh.....    in the movie He said that His own words were not enough to Pray, so He prayed the Psalms....      if 'el Anba Karas did that, shouldn't we??