Why?

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
(God does not expect us to be perfect).  i saw this in another topic.

But isnt there a verse that says be perfect as your Father in Heaven is perfect...someone please elaborate

Thank You God Bless

Comments

• We should always be striving to be more like Christ, as He set the perfect example for us to follow.

However, due to our human weaknesses we tend to never really get there.. And hence, we can never really be perfect.

Consider some great saints, even though they may seem perfect to us, they still confessed their sins to God.

I hope that helped!
    +God Bless.
  • That makes sense Thanks

God Bless,

Anymore views guys? id love to hear em!!
  • [quote author=Hizz_chiilld link=topic=6631.msg88491#msg88491 date=1211762867]
    We should always be striving to be more like Christ, as He set the perfect example for us to follow.

However, due to our human weaknesses we tend to never really get there.. And hence, we can never really be perfect.

Consider some great saints, even though they may seem perfect to us, they still confessed their sins to God.

I hope that helped!
    +God Bless.

very well explained :)
  • umm well if he wants us to be LIKe him then y did he kick lucifer out of heaven when he wanted to be liek him.  like i gett it but its a bit ironic and true? any comments on this to help me undertsnad it better  ::)thanxxx
    ;D

/
    mahraeel
    plzzz pray for me sister in Christ

• lucifer did not want to be LIKE God he wanted to be MORE or GREATER than God...i also agree w/ hizz child

God bless and pray 4 me
    Copticdeacon