Taishori- Holy Thursday

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
Is taishori sunng on Holy Thursday? and if so what tune? Pascha tune? or annual?

Comments

• no its not sung
  • it says on the coptic heritage.org rites that the Adam aspasmos is sung during the divine liturgy.... does anyone know when? and is that onof emmo?
  • it also says that some people say that it is ok to do psalm 150... is it appropriate to sing Night of the last supper after? it says no annual hymns so i don't kno what that is considered
  • [quote author=Hisservant link=topic=6511.msg86118#msg86118 date=1208891837]
    it says on the coptic heritage.org rites that the Adam aspasmos is sung during the divine liturgy.... does anyone know when? and is that onof emmo?

there is aspasmos adam for the laqan, and for the liturgy. both are said before the deacons says "Offer in order. Stand with trembling. Look towards the east. Let us attend."
    the first part is not said since there is no Prayer of Reconciliation

and yes it is the onof emmo tune, but not the text itself. onof emmo is just the annual/kiahk 3rd week one. but for the laqan and the liturgy there are diffrent ones.

[quote author=Hisservant link=topic=6511.msg86119#msg86119 date=1208892128]
    it also says that some people say that it is ok to do psalm 150... is it appropriate to sing Night of the last supper after? it says no annual hymns so i don't kno what that is considered

actually it does say that you do psalm 150 in annual tune. other than that, my church says an psali in pi-oyk tune that is in the book, and also says night of the last supper do to need of time and the number of people.