Pacifism

2»

Comments

• Oh my goodness!

If you were to punish every human being according to their deeds, by removing them from the face of the earth, we'd all be DEAD!
    Jesus showed us mercy, as we are expected to do unto others. EVEN IF THEY'RE NOT PERFECT- which virtually none of us are. Justice is not vengeful- it is not paying evil by evil. Justice is this; we treat others how God has treated every one of us.

That is not my oppinion - it is the foundation of our faith!
  • If I killed someone; or if I committed a sex crime, or committed genocide, or became a traitor to my country- I would beg that Christ would kill me (if I was repentant). That to me is mercy.
  • Repentance is asking forgiveness, and CHANGE! stop killing, stop commiting crimes, etc. You have made a mistake, just because you have killed, it doesn't make you a murderer - just as if you have committed a sex crime it does not make you a rapist. It means you have made a mistake. We make mistakes alll the time, we always make wrong decisions. Repentance is recognising mistakes and deviating from the path of sin. (obviously I am not referring to you, just making connections with your example)

I assume you're reffering to mortal death- since you wouldn't be asked to be sent to hell.. But if you die in this state- If Christ does take away your remaining time... then where would you go?

That is hopelessness! What good is there in that? That is the biggest mistake Judas made! What difference did it make? And why should harder punishment be inflicted on selective sins when every sin is essencially the same.. We betray Christ, just as Judas did. We  metaphorically 'sleep with the enemy'. Yes, that is worthy of eternal death, but to wish your life ends isn't repentance, it's hopelessness. An unforgivable sin.

Jesus Christ, the Son of God, died the death that we are worthy of, so we may live. We are no longer rewarded with death for our sins BECAUSE WE REPENT!
    That is mercy.

I fail to comprehend how someone with your level of intelligence and impeccable knowledge can't see something as basic as this.
  • [quote author=clay link=topic=6500.msg86530#msg86530 date=1209637667]
    Sorry for saying your comment was immature. That was just provocative, and I ask your forgiveness. I think that http://www.suscopts.org/q&a/index.php?qid=919&catid=500 helps give insight.

No probs, no offense taken  ;)