Piepnevmatoforos

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
In Albair's book "al assas fi khedmet al shamas" (Deacon's book) on page 119 in the list of the Patriarchs of the See of Saint Mark, the 31st Pope is Timotheo the 3rd, and then the 32nd Pope is (Ke to epnevmatoforo imon, Severus to patriarko Antiokias) which means "and the Wearer of the Spirit, Severus the Patriarch of Antioch". Two questions. One - what does the wearer of the spirit mean (al labess al ro7h), and two is Pope Severus on the See of Saint Mark or on the Throne of Antioch?

Thank you and pray for me

joe

Comments

• [quote author=josephgabriel link=topic=6478.msg85577#msg85577 date=1207928109]
    In Albair's book "al assas fi khedmet al shamas" (Deacon's book) on page 119 in the list of the Patriarchs of the See of Saint Mark, the 31st Pope is Timotheo the 3rd, and then the 32nd Pope is (Ke to epnevmatoforo imon, Severus to patriarko Antiokias) which means "and the Wearer of the Spirit, Severus the Patriarch of Antioch". Two questions. One - what does the wearer of the spirit mean (al labess al ro7h), and two is Pope Severus on the See of Saint Mark or on the Throne of Antioch?

Thank you and pray for me

joe

you can translate pi-epenvmatoforos to be "The Spiritual". same to athloforos, which i would traslate as the struggle-mantled or the "Struggler"

About the seat, i think he took the see of St.Mark for few years while the church had many problems where the pope was not chosen. and since they are our sister church. am sure others can provide more historical info.
  • thanks mina