In the presence of a metropolitan

edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church
Hey Guys,

Just a quick question. In the presence of a Metropolitan, do you still say the Bishop of the Diocese after H.H. or do you say the metropolitan.

From my understanding it is the Bishop of the Diocese as he is the shepherd of the diocese.

God Bless

Kimmo

Comments

• from my experiences:
    they say the Diocese's Bishop, then the Visiting Bishop
    but i guess in the case of a Metropolitian it would be reversed due to the rank
  • HG Metropliton Bishoy is in Sydney ehehe thanks kamal,

Yeh i have always thought the same as gregorytheSinner since he is of higher rank ...
  • Metropolitan outranks diocesan bishop.
  • Hey, i've been asking around and the rights state that it is the Bishop of the Diocese first as he is the Angle/Patriarch of that city. Also in terms of rank that will become relevant if there is more than one visiting bishop/metropolitan. So basically:

HH Pope Shenouda
    Bishop of the Diocese
    Visiting Metropolitan
    Visiting Bishops.

And i remember this specifically from the enthronement of Our Bishop Anba Daniel. We had 3 metropolitans i think and also an array of bishops and metropolitans/bishops from sister churches and HG anba daniel was said straight after HH, and mind you he hadnt even been a bishop for that long.

In terms of what happened, Shnoodz, with anba bishoy apparently it was a request by HG anba daniel to say HE first.