Coptic Music notation

edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church
Hello everyone,

I would like to know if I there is music notation for the "Holy Pascha Week"
(I apolgize for my spelling)
It would be a great help if anyone has a website or something I can get the music notation from.

Thank you, and May God Bless You

Comments

• I beleive there is notation for it but it is not available to anybody at all...  i think they have it in the Coptic library with all the old books in the Cathedral where the H.H. the Pope stays....     

This is what i heard and can't garentee anything

God Bless

Coptic Pharoah
  • Its not at the cathedral, its in the Library of Congress, also david ensemble might have notations out already at there website www.davidensemble.com i'm not sure, but i know for sure that all the notation created by Ragheb Moftah with Ernst Newlandsmith with the help of Mualem Mikhael Guirguis El-Batanouny the Great where preserved in the library of congress
  • y did they end up in the library of congress in the U.S?
  • I have no idea, probably because they will be better preserved there as well as Ragheb Moftah's partner was american so there is a possibility that its here as well as in egypt
  • We shouldn't be doing this..we should keep our artifacts in our Church...  and God will preserve them like He did for the past centuries...  the thing that makes me say this is that i heard a story of one of our Popes, he gave away one of the original Bibles to a king as a gift.... wich anoys me....
  • Its not as if they are lost, they are just in a different location, and why does it bother you that the king got the bible? we have a bunch now so its not like its a big deal now, and we don't need the notes to preserve what we already have we never have and never will so i don't see the big deal. We've passed everything down orally and thats the way it always will be, by adding notes that will complicate things that don't need to be this complicated. All of the hymns of our church(the ones that have been preserved) have been recorded
  • [quote author=ps_730 link=topic=6346.msg83759#msg83759 date=1205525165]
    Hello everyone,

I would like to know if I there is music notation for the "Holy Pascha Week"
    (I apolgize for my spelling)
    It would be a great help if anyone has a website or something I can get the music notation from.

Thank you, and May God Bless You

Do you mean the hazzat? Because if you do, it is at www.hazzat.com
  • thank you

it was very useful
  • No problem.