Do you think the following is a sin

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
I really like video games and i spend alot of money on them but sometimes i feel guilty because a spend alot on it while on the other hand there are many poor people who could make a better use of that money. When i say that i spend alot of money on video games and mean aloottttttttt. Do you think it is a sin?

Comments

• well..are you buying them because you're...addicted to them?
    if yes..then it's a sin.

otherwise..i dot think it's necessarily a sin..but it's not...a good idea :/

like yousaid...that money could totallyy go to better more deserving purposes.
  • thnxs, i'll try to stop. But would it be a sin if i keep the games that i already have and play with them?
  • naww..II dont think it is..i mean it;'s just another form of entertainment..right?
    i mean if that were wrong we might as well throw our comouters, tv's andd ipods out the window. lol..
    just as long as it's not crazy/overly exessive/addicting.
    (:

...[i could be wrong..lol]
  • all things may be lawful, but not all things helpful.

Now if you're blowing all of God's money on video games, then yes, it is the wrong thing to do. When God gives us stuff, we should use them for His glorification.. or at least allow for balance.

Also, addiction is a huge loop that you don't want to get yourself into, so remember that everything needs balance and ANYTHING in excess is not okai - except prayer.

+God Bless

SEE YA !
  • if u play games to stay out of trouble and keep from sining or geting bad thoughts than it is obviously not a sin....
  • [quote author=Godblessu link=topic=6340.msg83648#msg83648 date=1205381532]
    I really like video games and i spend alot of money on them but sometimes i feel guilty because a spend alot on it while on the other hand there are many poor people who could make a better use of that money. When i say that i spend alot of money on video games and mean aloottttttttt. Do you think it is a sin?

this depends on you own judgement. If you think it's a sin than deal with it. If you think it's fine, khalas.
    when it comes to this topic it's hard to say it's rather RIGHT or WRONG. because everyone does it but not all on the same base...soo.
  • PHILEMON 1:14 "But without thy mind would I do nothing; that thy benefit should not be as it were of necessity, but willingly." I think this verse speaks for itself. If you have an addiction just remember you aren't alone, some people will support you and my advice is not quit cold turkey, literally, I mean don't believe that you will quit right away, it's fine but limits, limits, limits, I can't emphasize it enough, find your limits and set them while you are at it!! We aren't, well I'm not in this case going to judge you based on your addiction, and video games can be addicting, you just have to grow out of them bit by bit, if you want to. Decisions is a big part of life, decide based on your life, if you think video games are beneficial keep doing it, if you don't think they are beneficial, why bother??

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • [quote author=Godblessu link=topic=6340.msg83651#msg83651 date=1205382399]
    thnxs, i'll try to stop. But would it be a sin if i keep the games that i already have and play with them?

play with what you've got but make sure they are not wasting your time..e.g. if ur supposed to do h.w and u r playing then the games are BAAAAD for you.

it is kinda worng in my opinion to be spending the whole budget on games or anything else like shopping in general..clothes..magazines blah blah...

we need to keep everything in proportion, yes we need entertainment and we go to cinemas sometimes and spend money when going out with friends but make sure u don become 'spendaholic' lol i mean cant stop spending and cant manage ur life because soon you will be responsible for yourself and you will earn a certain amount of money and if you are used to spending ALOT on anything, then u can fall into financial problems and not pay bills etc etc..