Is it wrong if you find money on the floor and keep it ?

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Is it wrong if you find money on the floor and keep it ?   ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
THNX for the help ?

Comments

• [quote author=itachi uchiha link=topic=6282.msg82951#msg82951 date=1204070847]
    Is it wrong if you find money on the floor and keep it ?   ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
    THNX for the help ?

i think if u find any money on the floor i think u should put it in church!!!  anyone correct me if i am wrong!!!
  • Are u serious millions of times I found 5 dollar bills and I spent them.
  • if u
    find it at like a school
    return it to administration or the office or.. w/e
    if its like in the middle of the mall what can u do?
    if you feel guilty........ then put it in donation
  • I'm sorry but it's wrong. St. Anthony would find gold in the dessert in paths no human being has walked on. According to Saint Anthony, it was sparkling so he would notice it in the ground. So he figured satan put it there. After that, he said the folllowing-

"cursed is the man who spends money not of his own sweat but of anothers, he has taken what is rightfully the lord's".

Clearly, St. anthony was saying cursed is the man who spends money he didn't earn and that it belongs to christ. So if you find money, probably it should be given to the church.
  • I agree 100% with PopeKyrillos if you find that money it could belong to someone who needs it much more than you do. so the best thing to do is either give to an admin or someone of authority or if not possible put in the donation at church and God will take care of it and get it back to its owner
  • It mostly depends on where you find it, but if you care about people and how they earn their money and maybe that money was dropped just as a test from God for you how to test your faith and love for people, what if that money was from a poor person and you have a feeling in your guts that this money belongs to a poor person so you go nearby to a station or if someone you think probably dropped it so you go catch up with them and give it to them, or else drop it in the Church!!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • All money belongs to God, you shouldn't take what He didn't give to you.
    It's called stealing, and we all know that's wrong... right?
    Some people say you should put any found money in the donation box at church, but if it was me, I'd just leave it there... It's owners might come back looking for it.
  • St. Peter and Christ took money found in the mouth of a fish.
  • I know Clay, but the full context of the story was that St. Peter was instructed by Our Lord to go cast for fish and was foretold that their would be a coin in its mouth.  The main point for having done this was that the amount would be given at the Temple Gate to pay the "temple tax".

Naturally, there are many thoughts on this, including the fact that this was a possible disgust by Our Lord for the Tax, or that it was just to fulfill temple protocol.  These are two reasons I have heard interpreted.

As a practice, having been taught by my parents, whatever is found is to be given to the Church as an offering on behalf of the person that lost it.  In that way we are helping others when they may not realize it, and even in anonymity on both sides.  We are offering sacrifice on their behalf.  In that way, maybe they needed the help of the Almighty and this was even a small way to remember those who need His Presence.  The practice is for us to appreciate what we have and how we have to strive for a daily existence by God's Blessing, and in the opposite that someone lost part of their daily existence.

I would like to hear your thoughts further, because you have a nice tone and interject with interesting comments that have been beneficial for me.
  • [quote author=PopeKyrillos link=topic=6282.msg82983#msg82983 date=1204075493]
    I'm sorry but it's wrong. St. Anthony would find gold in the dessert in paths no human being has walked on. According to Saint Anthony, it was sparkling so he would notice it in the ground. So he figured satan put it there. After that, he said the folllowing-

"cursed is the man who spends money not of his own sweat but of anothers, he has taken what is rightfully the lord's".

Clearly, St. anthony was saying cursed is the man who spends money he didn't earn and that it belongs to christ. So if you find money, probably it should be given to the church.

Once I found it in school and gave it to the cashier after a week she gave it back.