Favourite Hymns for Lent

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
Well guys, what are your favourite hymns for Great Lent? Personally mines Meghalo

Comments

• Meghalou,Kerie leyson, and Onishty emmisterion!! the best recording i have ever heard of meghalou is in the cyrillian liturgy by Fr. Sawerious Marcos, its the first track and its on the site...and im listening to it as we speak ;D

GB
    Tony
  • [coptic]Kurie `eleycon[/coptic], weekdays hymn instead of the verses of cymbals. The FULL version recorded by Ibrahim Ayad, originally from M.Mikhael.
  • Is it only hymns or can it be a spiritual song, I really can't choose a hymn..there's so many!! My favorite spiritual song is Via Dolorosa!!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • i'm not sure that is exclusive for the great lent, but i am very fond of "blessed are those"

Gb
    Tony
  • I have to agree with Amoussa01, Mighalo, Blessed are Those Who Have Mercy, the intro the doxologies of course haha all of them to be honest
  • lol, i see what you guys mean, there is plenty to choose from  :)
  • Personally, I like meghalou and Kiereleison but my favorite is Share Efnouti-- the praxis response of week days.  Its kinda short, but still sweet.

Also Pi mairomi-- the communion hymn of week days is  great!
  • Dear zakhary,
    I can't agree more. I love "meghalou" as well; it is so deep and emotion-provoking, but I don't know it by heart.
    God bless you all and pray for us a lot