Have ur say

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Hey guys, I hope everyone is doin well. I wanted to Discuss this topic which I know might egnite some heated debate between both genders, yet I think it will be great to sit back and hear all the different views.

The topic is; What attributes and expectations do you have of your future spouse? The emphasis here is on their personality and the actions/treatment you expect of them.   

Comments

• Hey!!! I am not trying to be mean!!! but i think this question might be personal to some people! some people have friends on this website!!! i hope ur not upset i am not trying to be mean. i hope u understand!!
  • i think its something good to think about.... for me id like a girl who serves in the church and is close to God and would just treat me with love and respect in a christian manner
  • Yet it may be personal for some people, but it depends if someone actually wants to reply anyway, my future spouse would have the characteristics such as, he is friendly to other people no matter what race, (even no matter how rude they might be when you talk to them) he would someone who is devoted to the love of God, he would have the personality of someone who  you would dream about, and unrealistic, I know you shouldn't look for this, but it'd be great if they had a great career, it would be wonderful if they loved kids and planning to have a full single family, someone who loves to bring people together, and someone who would always cheer people up when they're down!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • It might be personal to some, yet its an open discussion and one that requires you to give a general idea of what you would like in a spouse. It's not asking for names and you certainly don't have to participate in the discussion as it is volunatry. It's so that we can see the range of ideas or the simularaties which exist when deciding on the perfect spouse. 
  • I think the only attribute you need in a spouse is one that is willing to carry the cross with you; one that will share your prayers, your meditating, your service to the Church; one that will insist that the marriage will be built on Christ. One that mutually help you and will expect you to help her to attain Christ's Righteousness. A God-fearing spouse.

He/She can be a drug addict, a drug-dealer, a fornicator, a prostitute, a gossiper, a murderer etc., but if he/she is repenting and weeping for his/her sins such as St. Mary Magdelene, this is gold.

Of course, there is more, but I think this is the core.
  • i onli have one thing to sayy:  clay those are great words of wisdom

/
    mahraeel
    plzz p4m sister in Christ
  • [quote author=mahraeel link=topic=6173.msg81984#msg81984 date=1202529368]
    i onli have one thing to sayy:  clay those are great words of wisdom

/
    mahraeel
    plzz p4m sister in Christ

ya i know right!!??
  • I agree wit u clay, but do u think its important to know about the other person's history or not?
  • [quote author=Silent.Monk link=topic=6173.msg81989#msg81989 date=1202530733]
    I agree wit u clay, but do u think its important to know about the other person's history or not?

i do!! i woud like to know a little about my spouse's history!!!
  • With anyone; friend or family, don't you ask them "how was their day?" Don't you curiously listen as they tell you fascinating stories about their trip in Hawaii, Egypt, Europe? When they are upset, don't you try to understand how they are feeling?

Knowing someone's past is soemthing that we always need in any relationship. But with a spouse, it is more significant; because you are to become ONE just as Christ has made Heaven and Earth, the Divine and the Humanity, the Grace with the repentant sinful, One into Himself. So, it is thus prudent that we know him/her as ourselves, just as Christ knows all about us, and we endeavour to know all we can humanly understand about Him, our eternal Bride's Groom.