St. John's liturgy

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
I understand we are not supposed to pray this liturgy, but by chance does anyone have the text for this liturgy? if you do can you email, pm post it for me... anything you can do please would be a great help! thanks

Comments

• why arent we supposed to pray it?
  • [quote author=mannan link=topic=6155.msg81716#msg81716 date=1201899927]
    why arent we supposed to pray it?

it's an Ethiopian liturgy, maybe one of their 12 (i might be mistaken). it's said that it might have some theological mistakes. that why i think there is a commitee of bishops workin on reviewing it. it's the same structure of our liturgy, just diffrent main prayers.

it's is not a coptic liturgy. the only coptic ones are St.Basil's, St. Gregory's, and St. Cyril's.
  • http://www.stmarkla.org/component/option,com_docman/task,cat_view/gid,72/Itemid,67/

Here's a recording of one, but its not the words. I saw this, but I never heard it, so I don't know how it sounds.
  • yea i have it but its in arabic... it used to be allowed but then stuff happened and now its not, but then again we used to have like a good 20 liturgies but for the sake of unity and other things we stuck with three
  • [quote author=minagir link=topic=6155.msg81718#msg81718 date=1201900467]
    [quote author=mannan link=topic=6155.msg81716#msg81716 date=1201899927]
    why arent we supposed to pray it?

it's an Ethiopian liturgy, maybe one of their 12 (i might be mistaken). it's said that it might have some theological mistakes. that why i think there is a commitee of bishops workin on reviewing it. it's the same structure of our liturgy, just diffrent main prayers.

it's is not a coptic liturgy. the only coptic ones are St.Basil's, St. Gregory's, and St. Cyril's.

Thanks for the explanation.