Am I the only one who thinks there are many tragedies happening on the news?

edited January 2008 in Personal Issues
Is it because I never u'sed to watch the news?

Why does God take peoples lives when they are so young? how are we meant to really believe there was hope for the salvation of them.

(take comfort..I know God gives everyone a chance to be saved I think)

I sometimes think it is because my death is drawing near..

And perhaps I am having despairing thoughts because of this..

Comments

• Yes there is a lot of things happening in the news and its all bad news because thats what the public wants(believe it or not its true). God takes people at the best time for them. it could be when they are a day old or 80 years old. God is fair don't doubt that. whether or not they are saved it should not be your concern unless you know that you are saved for sure. Worry about the plank in your eye before you try to take the one out of your brothers eye. Don't despair, God will take you when he sees fit, just make sure you are ready to meet him at any time.
  • Yes it seems that all is very bad - but it's not yet desperate: when it reaches the point of no return it would be the time closest to the Lord's Second Coming and the definitive end of all evil (as written in Revelations).

thats what the public wants

I do not believe so, but the media prefers to work that way thinking it is more attractive and less boring to viewers. The overall resultant among audiences is the general thought that evil prevails and God is absent, meaning there is a real need soon for a new world "system". Now think who's the happy evil one who does benefit from all that, and is directing those planning and controlling the media policies (generally indirectly? of course).

GBU
  • You are right, but in general if the public doesn't see anything interesting as you said they get bored and don't listen and the media believes that stuff is interesting, so i guess indirectly thats what they want. obviously nobody wants to hear bad news sorry for not being clear.
  • Please no need to say sorry! I met many people who got depressed when they watch TV news with all that blood shed. Others became really hard hearted. We'd better watch the more descent entertaining good quality TV programs (when we have the time!).

meaning there is a real need soon for a new world "system"

The media leads audience in this deceitful path.

GBU
  • I am not talking about wars happening.. but just many people dying by accidents or an actor dying by overdosing on drugs.. or a child drowning on water.. etc
    yeah also bushfires or fires killing people..

• this is a sermon by Father Anthony Messah of Washington DC, which was given after the shooting at Virginia Tech. It's an awesome sermon from a blessed mouth, and he makes a lot of things clear and answers a lot of questions i really think you should watch it!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=18639840349033087&hl=en
  • No ur not the only one I watch the news once in a while and wow so many things happen
  • Don't think you're alone on that, I also think so many (absolutely) tragedies are occurring very quick, and saddening!! I actually was talking to Abouna about if we are even near the second coming by any chance, because there are a lot of traumatic events that are happening!!  I don't even think that its only on the news even all around me there are bad things happening!!  Virginia isn't the only tragedy that happened, in Minnesota there was recently in late July, a bridge collapse many people sank into the Mississippi River, one of the victims, his truck lit on fire, which is why the US is working so hard to build up and look at the history of almost every bridge and installing a smart system under the bridges!!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • Please read the Old Testament. The volatile times the choosen of God lived were indeed turbulent and there was no shortage of Prophets that expressed despair only lined with an impalpable hope. Read Lamentations for a glimpse of the contrite spirit of Jeremiah. The grace and truth that has become our cornerstone was a tragedy, and tragedy never ceased since then- but war, persecution, injustice, murder, abominations, heresy has defeated and propgated in many cultures.

Let our hope be in the Resurrection.
  • I refuse to accept we are very close to the second coming..

how will I be saved then?

No I do not refuse I want to accept..  and I have to accept.. do I accept?

And I do not mean when you watch the news but only very recently.. only over the last one or two months.. not before that.. has things been like this for long or not?

And I want to ask what does it mean two men will be in one bed.. one will be taken and the other left.. does that mean when Christ comes again after the great tribulation or near after the great tribulation when Christ comes on the clouds some will be taken to Him (the elect believers) and others will be left?

• Well, as Revelations says, the clouds will bleed and so on and so forth, we all have to accept it, the decision isn't up to us, but instead up to God, he'll be the only person that decides the past, present and future=LIFE!! He'll decide whether we go to Heaven or Hell, he'll decide our destiny!! You'll only be saved if you confess and repent!! I don't think Christ will come on down on clouds, that doesn't sound realistic, God will come down on his throne, please correct me if I'm wrong!!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • He will come exactly how he said he will come, on the Clouds with the Heavenly Hosts to gather all of Humanity and Judge them.
  • your feelings told you what?
  • Please dont take it too seriously im weird.And so are my feelings.
  • [quote author=mikeforjesus link=topic=6143.msg81593#msg81593 date=1201691978]
    I refuse to accept we are very close to the second coming..

how will I be saved then?

No I do not refuse I want to accept..  and I have to accept.. do I accept?

And I do not mean when you watch the news but only very recently.. only over the last one or two months.. not before that.. has things been like this for long or not?

And I want to ask what does it mean two men will be in one bed.. one will be taken and the other left.. does that mean when Christ comes again after the great tribulation or near after the great tribulation when Christ comes on the clouds some will be taken to Him (the elect believers) and others will be left?

it means that the unrighteous will be taken in judgment...such as in the case of noah, and lots wife (luke 17)

Clouds was a symbolic reference in the old testament to judging...

Ezekial 30:3
    3 For the day is near,
          Even the day of the LORD is near;
          It will be a day of clouds, the time of the Gentiles.

Joel 2:1-2
    For the day of the LORD is coming,
          For it is at hand:
          2 A day of darkness and gloominess,
          A day of clouds and thick darkness

Isaiah 19:1
    1 The burden against Egypt.
          Behold, the LORD rides on a swift cloud,
          And will come into Egypt;
          The idols of Egypt will totter at His presence,
          And the heart of Egypt will melt in its midst.

so when Christ said he will come on the cloud, he is referencing the judgment that will fall upon the jews when the temple was destroyed (Matthew 24:30)