Reality

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
Happy Ephiphany everyone!  I was just thinking about something that slipped into my mind.  Have you ever thought as to why people die?  Like really really thought about it, well do you think it might be because they deserve to be in a far better place?  Would you say that that includes bad people too?  Maybe anybody that passed away which God intented for them might be because he doesn't want them to suffer anymore?  Just a thought, please express your thoughts about this issue freely!

Forever,
Coptic Servent

Comments

• Happy Epiphany! Very Interesting thought, first off there is death in the world because we sinned that is very clear in Genesis. Now adays though, i believe that God takes people at the best time for them when they are the closest to him. but i would not say that about bad people necessarily i think for them its when God knows no matter how many chances he gives them(even though he knew from before they were born) that they will not come to him and don't want to repent. I agree with you that he takes us so that we no longer have to suffer and brings us to a much better place. These are just my thoughts on the issue.
  • Genesis does say that, true.  I also suppose that's the reason why God takes us away from this hateful world.  Why not about bad people, well actually people with bad decisions, could you possibly elaborate on that? Thank you very much for replying, deeply appreciated!!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • Well for people with bad decisions(great choce of words by the way) i think he takes them because he knows that they are not going to repent as i said but not because they will be in a better place because they will be going to Hades, where no one remembers nor do they offer praise. They would be better off in this world then in hades then hell for eternity. So for them their deaths are ones that will not be very joyful but one of anguish and sorrow becuase they either don't know where they will end up or they know they are going to hades for not repenting. Does that clear it up? if it doesn't i will try to make it more clear on what i'm trying to say
  • That's a really good elaboration, yes I do understand thank you for that! I just have one simple question targeting the whole paradise and hades, well while we're on the subject of that, does the Coptic Orthodox Church believe in purgatory? I know the catholics do, but do we?

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • No we don't, that would contradict God's fairness, if we did believe in it then there would be no point in confessing or ever even trying not to sin and we'll say we'll make it up in purgatory so in no we don't
  • Ahh, that explains a lot, true there wouldn't be a purpose of confessing or repenting, thanks for the reply!!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent