Protestants...

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Hey guys...I would like to get some opinions from wise ppl, so i decided to post this subject up.....how do u guys feel about protestants? I for one have a sister that is protestant, she's not really my sister, shes one of my my best friends, and i just dont mean best i mean BEST! We're very close and our friendship has been tested so many times and we've been through so many trials together no one can ever imagine, however in our church, and lets be honest, we don't exactly "accept"protestants and I know why, but do u guys think that this is right? I mean growing up i heard from my sunday skewl teachers not to get that close with them and that we should b friend but from far away....i just wanna know ur opinions on this.... thanx!

GOD BLESS ALL! :-*

Comments

• My name is Sylvia, if that makes anyone feel better, 2 many ppl say dear magnoona and then in ( ) they're just lyk that sounds funni or I'm sorry, lolx....neways i totally agree with u, i see nothing wrong with having protestant friends because it's not lyk they're going to convert u into their religion, its not lyk its a completely diff religion lyk buddhism or however u spell it....but so many ppl say that its not good 2 have protestants as friends just bcuz they believe that sumdai our differences will tear friendships apart, i abolutely disagree with that because i believe that as long as christ is in the relationship and he is the center of it, then theres no reason y the friendship would fall apart...

GOD BLESS ALL ! :-*
  • I think what your Sunday school teacher might've been saying was not to let people have a bad influence on you. It all depends on the person. If this person is bringing you down, then even if they're your own religion and you can't help them up, and you've done everything in your power, you should stay away. But this actually ties in perfectly with a story I once heard, but I don't remember it very well.

There was once a man that was praying to God and said, "Please God, today, let me learn something new. " So he went walking and went out to the street, and found a harlot. In his mind he was thinking, "God, I asked for something beneficial." But he kept walking and he noticed that the harlot kept staring at him. So he finally asked her, "Why are you staring at me?" And she said, "You would not know I was staring at you unless you were staring at me. Adam was made out of dust, and should look to the ground from which he was made of. Eve was made from the rib of man, therefore I was looking at you."

Again, the story may be a little off, I don't remember it very well, but I heard it during a lesson.

So, it is obvious from this story that you can gain something beneficial from anyone. Nobody should tell you not to talk to all protestants because some may be beneficial in different ways, but if you find that someone is dragging you down, then you should stay away from the person.
  • I get everything you're saying and all, but u know sometimes what we're taught in sunday skewl isn't exactly right u kno? Lyk i was being told by my sunday skewl teacher to keep distance from protestants because they have a dtrong influence on others u kno? How do u think we should approach this with our elders or teachers in church? Anyone please feel free to post ur opinions....thanx!

GOD BLESS ALL! :-*