the date of the feast of our Lord's entry into Egypt, and other feast dates

I know that the Lord's entry into Egypt is celebrated on June 1st this year. I want to know why is it celebrated after Easter/Pascha instead of after the Nativity of our Lord? Wouldn't it make more sense for it to be after the Nativity instead of after Easter/Pascha? 

I don't know very much about the liturgical calendars and such so please forgive me.

I have another question, how is it that we celebrate the feast of Nativity on January 7th and many other feasts on the same days as the Eastern Orthodox when we have a different calendar then they do?

Jasmine

Comments

• All of our feasts in the church don't go by order of necessarily happening like a story book, but by when they actually happened, it doesn't say in the Bible how long the span between His Birth and the flight to egypt was, it was most likely at least a year after his birth when the Magi came to see him and that is how it was determined that Herod would kill all male childeren two years and under in all of Judea. so some time in june or may is when they entered into egypt.

If i'm not mistaken the Eastern Orthodox,(at least the greek) Celebrate Christmas on the 25th but still use the calender we use for other feasts such as the Feast of the Resurrection(which is not the same every year, i think it is based on how the Jews calculate the Passover) Not all Eastern Orthodox i believe use the Gregorian Calender but i think some still use the Julian. Please someone correct me if i'm wrong or have mispoken on anything
  • well am not sure about why do we specificly celebrate in that day.

Concerning the nativity, there is along post about it. it's basiclly a change in calendars. we clebrate it on the 29th(28th) of Kiahk of the Martyrs calendar, which is set upon the old egyptian calendar which is in connection to the jewish one....which makes more sense.

As for Easter. In the Disqoleia, the teaching of the apostles, that to never celebrate the feast before the Passover or on it but after.
    so since it have to be on a sunday, it's set up to be the Sunday after the Passover.
    From that sunday you count 55 days get beginning of lent. couple of days before you get Jonah's fast, 40 days after that sunday is the Ascension, 10 days after that thursady of ascension Pentecost, and that monday will be the beginning of the apostles fast and that fast ends with the apostles' feast/st.Peter an Paul Feast.

hope his helpedddd