Emptied Himself of Everything

Hello,
I recently started to read On the Incarnation of the Word by Saint Athansious and it has sparked a lot of questions in my head. The one i cant seem to understand is if Christ as a baby knew all things. When we say that Christ emptied himself does that include His knowledge. Since He was fully human it would make sense that as a baby he did not understand all things. Also as a baby did he understand his relationship as the Son of God in the Trinity? As a baby we do not understand who our parents are until a few weeks into our life, does the same apply to Christ the Son and God the Father? Can someone help me out with this question?

Comments

• [quote author=Issac32 link=topic=6081.msg80933#msg80933 date=1199992562]
    Hello,
    I recently started to read On the Incarnation of the Word by Saint Athansious and it has sparked a lot of questions in my head. The one i cant seem to understand is if Christ as a baby knew all things. When we say that Christ emptied himself does that include His knowledge. Since He was fully human it would make sense that as a baby he did not understand all things. Also as a baby did he understand his relationship as the Son of God in the Trinity? As a baby we do not understand who our parents are until a few weeks into our life, does the same apply to Christ the Son and God the Father? Can someone help me out with this question?

I am srry!!! I don't know the answer to this, but i would love to know the answer. I am srry. God Bless You!!!!
  • This is the Mystery of the Incarnation. We should never think of Christ as Christ the Man and Christ the God. We should not think of Him as a hybrid, either. His Divinity and His Humanity was and is united; the one incarnate nature of the Logos. We already knew that by a young age, He was eloquent in Scripture, a teacher to the Rabbis, and had complete knowledge that His Father was God. So, we can see that the union was manifest and perfect at a young age.

So, to answer your question, I don't think we can know. We have no experience in which we can base our assumptions on. The only thing we know is the evidence I written above, that we have a Child who shows knowledge and understanding that is unparalleled by anyone.

• [glow=green,2,300]Philippians 2:8

And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross.[/glow]