New years Hymn

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
hey everyone, i have a small favour to ask, theres this hymn i really like that we sing during new years but i have no idea what its called and dont even know any of the words lol. I remember that the priest sang it on new years eve close to midnight.. does anyone have any clue what im talking about?

Comments

• I dont believe there are any "hymns" specific to the new year. I do not think there is a particular rites for a new year's liturgy. This means one of two things: 1) The hymn that you heard was not a coptic hymn but a tarnema or song or 2) The hymn was not exclusive to the new years. So the only way to find out for sure is to ask your abouna...

GB
    Tony
  • Are you sure it was a hymn for new year's, not just a Kiahk hymn?
    What church was it may be some of our brothers here go to that church?
  • it was st george church in Toronto Canada. Im not sure if it was a kiahk hymn, although it could be... All i know it we dont sing it a lot but whenever i hear it i luv it.
  • [quote author=Meena_Ameen link=topic=6079.msg80943#msg80943 date=1200017051]
    it was st george church in Toronto Canada. Im not sure if it was a kiahk hymn, although it could be... All i know it we dont sing it a lot but whenever i hear it i luv it.

any info about it? a recording...text?