Christian Library

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
I wonder what it would be like to have a Christian Library.. what I mean is a library that is like any of the public libraries filled with seats for study enough of which are isolated from other people and facing them.. since they are distracting... A library that has christian books and normal books.. ESPECIALLY one where there MUST BE QUIET ALL THE TIME.. I get very distracted and have bad thoughts about people in the library sometimes like suspucions and I get evil thoughts like accusing them of being selfish talking all the time on purpose just when I am there (if I wasn't there they wouldn't.. if I wanted them to talk then they would stop talking) and other thoughts.. and I get many spiritual thoughts too sometimes against them.. and I think some of them are true..  one also where you can take a break and talk with some christians outside the libary.. non christians can come too but they have to abide by the rules.. 

If not I plan on telling the librarians on all the people who talk alot.. boohoo I know the world does not revolve around me..
also another rules is you can not keep turning around to see who is looking at you if they only looked at you for 10 seconds.. even if you suspect they were judging you.. and if you have nasty feelings you have to deal with them...
that might be hard for me to keep also but it is still what I want now..
and try to reduce coughing and sneezing to a mininum.. I might offer to give you $50 to get medicine to stop coughing some time

back to everyhing being about lust... I wonder if people not talking would increase the likeliness of lust or decrease it? it will for those who do not know God right? for those who wish to talk there should be rooms where you can not hear the people speaking too..  do police have rooms like that?

When everyone is done with their study for the day then everyone can share their experiences..

Comments

• Interesting ideas. Deserves a better response that I can offer.

But I also get quite agitated in libraries. Be assertive, but not rude. Say, "When you speak so close to me, I feel irritated. I think it would be best for both of us if you take your conversation outside, please."

As to your inner thoughts, fight them and pray for them, and perhaps one day God will have mercy on us and relieve us from such temptations and thoughts.
  • "When you speak so close to me, I feel irritated. I think it would be best for both of us if you take your conversation outside, please."

I thought about that but don't you think that is rude?  also do you think they will really think it benefits them if they leave? why do they speak so close to me anyway? do they think want me to think about them? I suspect they know I want to be close to someone.. and they think they are the solution I have been looking for or something...  I think they accuse me of being judgmental and they talk more because they know I want control over them or something..

• I don't think it is rude; I mean they are being rude by talking close to you in a library while you are trying to study.

You should have expectations that you can study in peace in the library- that is what the facility is for. I would take it up to the librarians, and expect that they would do something. And lastly, I would tell them politely to respect that you are studying.
  • I see. Thankyou. I plan on doing it.. but I might not.  God be with me. :)