Cocacola.... other stuff

edited November 2008 in Youth Corner
Offensive post

Comments

• Dear mikeforjesus,
    Your post is very formative. I really liked it; but there are a few points I would like to comment on. First of all, coca cola, and all the other fizzy cola drinks have got caffeine in them a bit less than cofee and tea. You do need to take it for your symptoms, but you have to be careful not to over-take them. Yes, they do induce irritability and smoetimes anxiety and nervousness, but you can't do without them really, can you? It is like a drug with side effects; you have to tolerate the side effects. BUT, try your best to not drink a lot, because this may aggravate the problems and not solve it.
    Secondly, you worry a lot about people, their looks, and how they look at you. Don't worry man. Just have confidence in yourself and in God: always distract yourself with some carols or hymns while walking fastly down the streets. Nobody has the authority to judge you, and even those who are naughty enough to harrass you will stop it after a while when you don't pay any attention to them: trust me; I was there before.
    Thirdly, it is a good thing to set your sights on going to the gym, and building up your body. Again, don't think of this solely as a way to attract, or distract girls. Whenever the time is right for you, and for God of course, to give you someone to be your partner, you will not be minded by these passions or desires: they are just tools of deceit to the mind; if you know what I mean.
    God bless you mikeforjesus, and pray for us a lot
  • offensive post
  • Dear mikeforjesus,
    Sorry if I confused you more than benefiting you. I will take it in order though.
    First, I can't judge or comment on the gyms there as I don't know where you live. By the sound of it, you live in America or one of the Western countries; I don't have too much experience in this, but as I am living in the UK currently, I can say that inappropriate behaviour is not allowed in gyms here: there are particular gyms for particular reasons, which I think you understand without the need to mention them.
    Secondly, what I meant is that you should distract yourself from these thoughts of girls being attracted to you because you are building your body or because you go to the gym, for the simple fact that you do that for yourself, and not for other people; in other words, not showing off. Remember, God will give you the girl you share your life with in the right time He sees suitable, and not before that.
    I hope this time I made more sense.
    God bless you and pray for us a lot
  • Mikeforjesus, Honestly i just have to say this. You are way to circumspect. It's a good thing but also sometimes, it's just too much. If you go to the beach, you'll see women 2 piece swimsuits. Does that mean you shouldn't go? No, it doesn't. But when you see them, there has to be a direction you can look where they won't be visible. Just be reasonable. If you want to go to the gyms, do it. You worry to much. And it's not a sin to look, it's a sin to think deeper about what you looked at. ANd if you see a vile image, then realize it's bad, then look a different direction, your brain won't remember it.