Kiahk

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
hello,

does anyone know the song that is said during Kiahk.. "amda7 fel batool"..it is usually chanted in arabic as u probably already figured out by its name..

in the refrain(the part that gets repeated) of this song..it says..."ya 2obit mousa ya mariam ya shoryit aaron" ...i dont understand how is Saint Mary the dome of Moses?..and for the part about aaron..i am not sure if this is correct ..but i know that there is symbolism in the censor for Saint Mary...

can someone pls explain that phrase to me...i dont understand it

thanx in advance
keep me in ur prayers
-sister in Christ

Comments

• Well for O' Mary Moses' Dome i'm not quite sure how this symbolizes mary but for Aaron's censor she represents the censor while the coal or ember represents our Lord Jesus Christ or the Fire of His Divinity, she also is represented by Aarons rod which blossomed without "watering" so Jesus was born without a human seed.
  • The 'obba is the tabernacle, if u look at the rest of the Theotokia.
    Obviously, St Mary can be compared to the tabernacle because God dwelt in her. ;)
  • Yes matt is correct, i just looked over the theotokias and obba is the tabernacle and Mary is compared to the tabernacle since God dwelled in her
  • thanx for the clarifacation about the symbolism of Saint Mary and the censor.

and about Saint Mary representing the tabernacle..that sounds logical
    ...i didnt know that 2obba..was tabernacle..i thought it was dome....thanx

..if anyone knows anything else or a different interpretation about this..that would be nice to know....thanx

pray for me
    -sister in Christ
  • hi every1

..sorry to bringing this up again..but i checked today in Kiahk and the english translation said dome not tabernacle..could it be a mistake in translation ...or does dome have different symbolism?..

..all replies appreciated..thanx in advance

keep me in ur prayers
    -sister in Christ
  • [quote author=perfectsinner link=topic=5962.msg80131#msg80131 date=1197195508]
    hi every1

..sorry to bringing this up again..but i checked today in Kiahk and the english translation said dome not tabernacle..could it be a mistake in translation ...or does dome have different symbolism?..

..all replies appreciated..thanx in advance

note really. they're the same
  • hi

if it is the same meaning ..then i suppose it makes sense...

..it is just i always thought the word dome is referring to.. the dome in the church.. for example,  "hodn el ab" in the altar..and sometimes the one that is in the middle of the church..anyways..thanx for the clarification

btw..i meant "bring"....not "bringing"..sorry about that..i obviously cant spell..lol

thanx again
    keep me in ur prayers
    -sister in Christ
  • [quote author=perfectsinner link=topic=5962.msg80144#msg80144 date=1197237712]
    hi

if it is the same meaning ..then i suppose it makes sense...

..it is just i always thought the word dome is referring to.. the dome in the church.. for example,  "hodn el ab" in the altar..and sometimes the one that is in the middle of the church..anyways..thanx for the clarification

btw..i meant "bring"....not "bringing"..sorry about that..i obviously cant spell..lol

thanx again
    keep me in ur prayers
    -sister in Christ

"hodn el-Ab" in the Altar is called the bossom of the Father, or te Pantocrator. It's not realy a dome.