thanking the saints

how does one go about thanking the saints when you know that they have prayed to God for you, other than by saying "thank you"?

Jasmine

Comments

• u can light a candle with their picture behind it!

thats what i try to do

God Bless u and p4m
  • Give money, food, or assistance to the poor in their name.
  • find a church named after them, and give some money to it.
  • [quote author=Orthodox11 link=topic=5912.msg79120#msg79120 date=1194305101]
    Give money, food, or assistance to the poor in their name.

thank you for your suggestions, I appreciate it!
  • [quote author=PopeKyrillos link=topic=5912.msg79125#msg79125 date=1194306721]
    find a church named after them, and give some money to it.

that's a good idea, thank you!
  • Why don't you do a tamgeed for that saint. That is a way to honour them. You can do it even in your house by saying a few hymns accociated with them see the hymns for tamgeed on the site. Don't forget to thank God as well. The saints only intercede and pray 4 us but it is under Gods will if it happens or not.
    Pray 4 me a lot
    Kirolos
  • [quote author=Kirolos Michael link=topic=5912.msg79215#msg79215 date=1194543286]
    Why don't you do a tamgeed for that saint. That is a way to honour them. You can do it even in your house by saying a few hymns accociated with them see the hymns for tamgeed on the site. Don't forget to thank God as well. The saints only intercede and pray 4 us but it is under Gods will if it happens or not.
    Pray 4 me a lot
    Kirolos

what's a tamgeed?
  • Tamgeed is like a praise for the saint, like al salam laky ya mariam (sorry for the poor arabic) or Peniot abba antonios (not really a tamgeed but simalar to one) usually said during Kiahk praises
  • [quote author=jydeacon link=topic=5912.msg79221#msg79221 date=1194553919]
    Tamgeed is like a praise for the saint, like al salam laky ya mariam (sorry for the poor arabic) or Peniot abba antonios (not really a tamgeed but simalar to one) usually said during Kiahk praises

Thank you for explaining that to me! May God bless you!