Church Attendance

I am noticing a problem that is rapidly spreading among the generation of today as time passes. I dress as a deacon every Sunday and sadly come later than supposed to (around 8:40-9:00 AM) but it seems like it is becoming normal for people to start coming at around 9:30 or 10:00 much later than usual and we all take communion as if nothing is wrong. I am also noticing a lack of fervor in the priests and the sermons. The congregations are slowly dwindling and enthusiasm about church is slowly going down. What are your opinions on this issue?

Thank You and God Bless

Comments

• I agree with you 100% but unfortunately some people live far away from church and cannot make on time unless they wake up extremely early, the rule is if you come after the Bible you should not take communion but for deacons you cannot serve if you come after the Servants Absolution. but i must disagree with you that priests are losing ferver for the service in fact i find that they are extremely fervent. Does your Liturgy start earlier than 8:40 i usually show up at 9:00 right before we get the blessing to put on our tonia's
  • Dear Unworthy 1,
    Jydeaon's opinion applies to those congregations living outside Egypt. The same is here in the UK. But generally you are right: we are molleycuddling our young, and they can't seem to grasp the importance of coming to church early enough. But one way or another the Holy Spirit does lead them to knowing how important it is, and then they will be overzealous. It is true.
    Yes, priests may show fervour, or may not. But let's remember: God is the only one Who judges, and you never know if priests may show they don't have fervour out of humbleness; who knows?
    God bless you all and pray for us a lot
  • I don't don't think it's a problem if you are abroad and don't have a car and keep arriving late if it isn't your fault. If it is not your fault and arrive after the gospel I think you should be allowed to partake of the communion or if you are a deacon and arrive at the readings then you should be able to wear your tonia. But anyway try to get there on time in the future and maybe even come to church on satuday night and stay over and attend the vesper and the midnight praises.
  • [quote author=Kirolos Michael link=topic=5822.msg78219#msg78219 date=1192117141]
    I don't don't think it's a problem if you are abroad and don't have a car and keep arriving late if it isn't your fault. If it is not your fault and arrive after the gospel I think you should be allowed to partake of the communion or if you are a deacon and arrive at the readings then you should be able to wear your tonia.

Actually You shouldn't get dressed as a deacon anytime after the absolution.